Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar won't wave during match, but more than makes up for it at the end.

D

Deleted User X18H

Like the way he tours the pitch.

And Rohan's enthusaism in the BUPA post match yesterday was a joy to behold.

All good.

bravohotelalpha

Jan 23, 2011
Good Old Sussex By The Sea
Hbb, you know sometimes I start to feel really sorry for you when some on nsc start to give you a hard time - but you really do need to open your eyes / clean your glasses - I have seen Oscar wave to the fans with my own eyes !

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Hbb, you know sometimes I start to feel really sorry for you when some on nsc start to give you a hard time - but you really do need to open your eyes / clean your glasses - I have seen Oscar wave to the fans with my own eyes !

To be fair on HB&B, Oscar waved for the first few games up to Burnley home, I think, but I didn't see him do it vs Millwall, QPR or yesterday (I didn't go to Reading), however I agree I really like the way he acknowledges the fans afterwards......

Trouble is will CMS feel displaced if he is not the last person on the pitch??

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Yesterday the crowd chose the wrong time to sing for him to do it, on at least one of the occasions we were busy defending a corner, and pretty much ever time they were chanting we were defending a Bolton attack and he was busy giving instructions/focusing on the play.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
Yesterday the crowd chose the wrong time to sing for him to do it, on at least one of the occasions we were busy defending a corner, and pretty much ever time they were chanting we were defending a Bolton attack and he was busy giving instructions/focusing on the play.

is the correct answer.......

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing

Spot on

:albion2:

theboybilly

To be fair on HB&B, Oscar waved for the first few games up to Burnley home, I think, but I didn't see him do it vs Millwall, QPR or yesterday (I didn't go to Reading), however I agree I really like the way he acknowledges the fans afterwards......]

Reading? Oscar came to the away end and applauded.....I like the cut of the guy's gib :thumbsup:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
To be fair on HB&B, Oscar waved for the first few games up to Burnley home, I think, but I didn't see him do it vs Millwall, QPR or yesterday (I didn't go to Reading), however I agree I really like the way he acknowledges the fans afterwards......]

Reading? Oscar came to the away end and applauded.....I like the cut of the guy's gib :thumbsup:

Yes but that is at the end of the game and as per my post I like that.

Whilst Acker has a point, there were opportunities at QPR where it was appropriate. That aside, I'd rather have a manager engrossed in the game, than one waving at every opportunity......

albionite

May 20, 2009
Yes but that is at the end of the game and as per my post I like that.

Whilst Acker has a point, there were opportunities at QPR where it was appropriate. That aside, I'd rather have a manager engrossed in the game, than one waving at every opportunity......

Bloody hell does it really matter if he waves at us during the game, do you go home feeling you have missed out?
All I care about are the results, every interview he has done he has acknowledged the fans to say how important they are.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

I noticed that from WSU yesterday. He was totally concentrating on the game.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Bloody hell does it really matter if he waves at us during the game, do you go home feeling you have missed out?
All I care about are the results, every interview he has done he has acknowledged the fans to say how important they are.

FFS read the post......:facepalm:

Last line, I'd rather have a manager engrossed in the game....

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Definitely knows his public relations stuff!

He does, but I just get the impression (and of course it's only an impression) that he is very genuine and wants to be part of the fabric of the football club he is at. I'm sure he has his own ambitions, but he looks a complete football man that knows his primary concern/obligation is to the fans, that having them in complete harmony with him and the team will make a greater total than the sum of the parts.

After a summer of a thousand daggers, we're suddenly looking very together as a club. Our signings are all looking to be working out, we have youth being given a chance and performing, the spirit on the pitch looks strong, and we're starting to play with confidence and panache.

Mr Garcia, start of term report 10/10 - keep up the great work!! :thumbsup:

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
After a summer of a thousand daggers, we're suddenly looking very together as a club. Our signings are all looking to be working out, we have youth being given a chance and performing, the spirit on the pitch looks strong, and we're starting to play with confidence and panache.

Spot on!

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
He does, but I just get the impression (and of course it's only an impression) that he is very genuine and wants to be part of the fabric of the football club he is at. I'm sure he has his own ambitions, but he looks a complete football man that knows his primary concern/obligation is to the fans, that having them in complete harmony with him and the team will make a greater total than the sum of the parts.

Mr Garcia, start of term report 10/10 - keep up the great work!! :thumbsup:

Great summary in one sentence.

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
I'd rather a manager focused on the game and waved after, Jesus Christ, I mean who honestly cares if he doesn't wave? It's cute to begin with, but he has 90+ mins to get a result out of the players, not pandering to some sections who want him to wave and rub his nipples

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012

Does this mean he considers the football we are playing to be more important than acknowledging his admiring crowd? Surely not!... or should I sat: How reassuring.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here