Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What did YOU do at half time to change our luck?

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
First half I wore my BHA jacket, which I only usually wear to mid week games. Thinking this might be bring us bad luck and being a superstitious old fool with certain 'football rituals', I took it offer at half time and now believe this might have played a part in our change of luck second half!

Reading a different thread i also noticed that somebody wore a Barca scarf first half and took it off at half time and has now vowed not to wear it again. So I put it to the good people of NSC, what did you do at half time to change our luck??

D

Deleted member 22389

First half I wore my BHA jacket, which I only usually wear to mid week games. Thinking this might be bring us bad luck and being a superstitious old fool with certain 'football rituals', I took it offer at half time and now believe this might have played a part in our change of luck second half!

Reading a different thread i also noticed that somebody wore a Barca scarf first half and took it off at half time and has now vowed not to wear it again. So I put it to the good people of NSC, what did you do at half time to change our luck??

I told people that we have another 45 mins to play in this match. I can't believe the way some people get, we go a goal down and it's all over.

Fan4fifty

May 17, 2013
Myself & 3 mates have 2 seats in front, 2 behind. We talked about it at half time & changed our formation swapping the right back with the left forward. It worked a treat !

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Good point, the result is all down to me and the bloke next to me.
We had a long discussion about the importance of Ulloa, saying things like:-

'I just don't know where the goals are going to come from'.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I didn't realise it at the time but my demolition of a large bag of chocolate raisins must have inspired the team.

Rest assured, I will always have those raisins on hand now, ready and willing to step up when I'm needed.

We weren't behind a HT because of bad luck; no attempts on target whatsoever, Notlob had 3 or 4, and some woeful delivery of the final ball with Lopez and Lua Lua being the major culprits.

I took off my 1960 BHA scarf and tied it to my wrist for the 2nd half, worked at treat and I felt about 16yo again!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Took my scarf off.

Also, I have a really good habit, of discussing substitutions and the player I'm taking off going on to score.......... Yesterday I had Buckley off ............:facepalm:

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
Sorry people, our change of fortune yesterday was entirely down to me. Listening to the game on Player, I performed a hop, skip and a jump to the kitchen for my half time cuppa. Upon arrival in the kitchen I crossed myself 3 times, took my Brighton top off and twirled it in the air 14 times. When I got back to my room I span around 5 times while reciting the chorus to Things Can Only Get Better by D-Ream out loud, then kissed the framed 2004 Play Off Final print on my wall 10 times........ and by jove it worked, we won!!!

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Kevin from Crawley changed seats and moved fifteen rows lower in WSU the guy who owns the seat has only sat in it for half a game . Hoping he does not come back so Kevin can carry on in his seat. :thumbsup:

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Didn't do anything at half time but prior to the match I bought one of the Calderon t-shirts, a good omen indeed!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Before the start, I was singing up to GOSBTS and I got distracted at the end and found myself singing the 'going up, to win the cup' version (yes, I know it should be 'and we'll win the cup' but that's a separate issue entirely).

As the team ran out after half time, I reverted to the infinitely better STAND OR FALL version, and it rectified things just in time..

Oh - and I put on a cap, on 52 minutes....

phazza

Aug 17, 2012

i moved over 1 seat to number 313 to let someone sit with his mate. i realised this at half-time, so i moved another place. i think you will find it's down to me that we won that game!!!!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here