Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stephen Ward

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Terrific today. He has far exceeded my expectations after reading the Wolves fans parting shots. Has he put a foot wrong for us yet?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Bridge for me is the best left back in the championship, saying that Ward is very comfortable at this level and a great edition to the squad.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Had a good understanding with Kaz. Good work both forward and back and is part of a very good defensive unit. As for Bridge loved him last year but he is no longer hear and i an thankful the club found a good replacement for him.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Agreed. Excellent defensively. Very composed. Not as good as WB coming forward but take that. Had a scare when he seemd to limp off after 80 at QPR, but no sign of any trouble today

User Removed

Oct 21, 2005
Brighton
Bridge for me is the best left back in the championship, saying that Ward is very comfortable at this level and a great edition to the squad.

Ward's first edition was great, I look forward to better ones.

As for his addition to the squad - he's certainly fitted in effortlessly. As you would expect from somebody who's played many games at international, Premiership, and Championship level.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I wasn't particularly impressed with his performance v Millwall. He seemed to completely disappear at times, and not in a 'just been on the attack and not got back' disappear, but 'where is he? why isn't he back there?' disappear. But I have been impressed with his last few performances.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
I think he's been superb.

The way Wayne Bridge struggled to stay fit at the back end of last season, I'd say overall we have the better left back now.

No doubt in his day Wayne Bridge was the better player, but in 2013, I'd have Ward in my squad over Bridge.

User Removed

Oct 21, 2005
Brighton

The way Wayne Bridge struggled to stay fit at the back end of last season, I'd say overall we have the better left back now.

No doubt in his day Wayne Bridge was the better player, but in 2013, I'd have Ward in my squad over Bridge.

Struggled to stay fit - are you having a laugh?!

He missed one or two games in the run in maybe, and according to the stats played 37 games in all in the season!!

And how do you know Stephen Ward won't miss a few more games than him?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Bizarre post.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Struggled to stay fit - are you having a laugh?!

He missed one or two games in the run in maybe, and according to the stats played 37 games in all in the season!!

And how do you know Stephen Ward won't miss a few more games than him?

Bridge only missed 9 games through injury? Are you sure? Thought it was more than that.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
My own opinion is that ward seems to provide a greater threat going forward. If he can improve his delivery then he could be better than Bridge

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Its not fair to judge any Brighton player against Wayne Bridge.
People seem to have quickly forgotten the fact England had the 2 best left backs in Europe, and 2 of the top 3 in world football.

Financially the club has saved bundles of cash (I guess technically that should be 'not spent') with a minimal drop in performance.

A cracking bit of business.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Had a good understanding with Kaz. Good work both forward and back and is part of a very good defensive unit. As for Bridge loved him last year but he is no longer hear and i an thankful the club found a good replacement for him.

Pardon

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
All that matters is whether Ward is good enough for a team aspiring to get promoted, and it looks like he is.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here