[Official Site] Calderon Hails Fantastic Turnaround

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
calde-ll229-1069027_478x359.jpg

PUBLISHED
20:58 21st September 2013
by Adam Tighe
That was the most attractive five to ten minutes the Amex has seen and it was important for us"
Inigo Calderon
Inigo Calderon believes that Albion’s rousing second-half performance was among the best the Amex crowd has witnessed.The Seagulls secured a 3-1 win over Bolton with three goals in five minutes after the break and Calderon was impressed by how the side started after the interval.
Calderon told seagulls.co.uk, “That was the most attractive five to ten minutes the Amex has seen and it was important for us. The way we played showed the desire we have as a squad.
“Overall we weren’t brilliant but we did more than them, we created crosses and corners but we didn’t really create regular chances.
“It wasn’t easy and I believe we were a bit tired in the first half, but we played great in the second half.*
“We’ve been playing well over the last three or four games and we have been keeping clean sheets, so we are in a good place.
“We knew it was a key game today because after two draws, even though they were against Reading and QPR, you have to get the three points because it will get more competitive with each game.”
Albion’s number 14 was also delighted to get back on the score-sheet after grabbing his first goal since April 2012 against Watford.
"It was a cross into the box and I closed my eyes like always and I scored! So I’m really happy and like I say, it was a key moment for us and now we have one week to rest after what has been a really tough week for us.
“We've had two games against two of the best squads in the division and one day less to rest – so it’s been really tough but I feel we performed perfectly."

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here