Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Inigo Calderon

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
This man was fantastic today! All of today's praise is going to Kaz and Ince, which is justified but Calderon deserves some too! Scored one, and created another. Which is exceptional from a full back. We all know he's not the best defensively, but he has improved his attacking play so much since league one. 2 years ago he was below Jara, Mattock and Painter in the pecking order! I wouldn't touch those three with a barge poll now.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Well you've rewritten history there, when was he behind Painter and Mattock? Left backs, the pair of them. He has only been ousted briefly by Jara and infrequently by a fit Bruno. He played well today, bit Bolton are shi... poor standard.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Well you've rewritten history there, when was he behind Painter and Mattock? Left backs, the pair of them. He has only been ousted briefly by Jara and infrequently by a fit Bruno. He played well today, bit Bolton are shi... poor standard.

There were times when he was only on the bench, and those three were ahead of him (at different times obviously). He was never consistently in our side.

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
I love him, great attacking full back and a wonderful human being. But, he should not have allowed the cross for the first goal, additionally he and Greer messed up for Derby's first goal and he was caught ball watching for Millwall's opener a few weeks back. Defensively he can be caught napping. Would I risk those lapses for his attacking flair? Yes I would.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I flipping love Caldy. My favourite player in recent years.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
There were times when he was only on the bench, and those three were ahead of him (at different times obviously). He was never consistently in our side.

Yeah, there were times when h was on the bench with Craig Mackail Smith and Buckley playing, instead. So as well as being behind Bruno and Jara Reyes in his own position, he was behind Mattock, Painter, CMS, Buckley, Lualua, Bridcutt, Harper, Ankergren, Brezovan, Greer, El Abd, Dunk...

Can't believe how often he had to sit on the bench and watch Barnes play instead.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Calderon will always be automatic first choice over Bruno IMHO on account of his knack of getting a killer goal when its most needed

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Yeah, there were times when h was on the bench with Craig Mackail Smith and Buckley playing, instead. So as well as being behind Bruno and Jara Reyes in his own position, he was behind Mattock, Painter, CMS, Buckley, Lualua, Bridcutt, Harper, Ankergren, Brezovan, Greer, El Abd, Dunk...

Can't believe how often he had to sit on the bench and watch Barnes play instead.

Ha ha ha. You're so funny. You know what I mean, don't take it out of context in a childish way.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Ha ha ha. You're so funny. You know what I mean, don't take it out of context in a childish way.

I don't, really. It was pointed out that Mattock and Painter were left backs, but you still insisted they should have been behind him in the pecking order. I don't understand that. He plays left back when our proper, experienced left backs are unavailable, it isn't his position, it is an 'as needs must' thing. It is no more an issue to pick Mattock or Painter, actual left backs, as left backs ahead of the right back Calderon than it is to pick Bridcutt, a defensive midfielder playing in a defensive midfield role ahead of Adam El Abd because he played there a couple of times when we needed him to.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
I don't, really. It was pointed out that Mattock and Painter were left backs, but you still insisted they should have been behind him in the pecking order. I don't understand that.

That wasn't the point I was making :L

I thought people would of assumed the obvious, that Caldy had a tough time two years ago and at times didn't even make the bench, with those players ahead of him as cover / starters. Silly me for thinking that!

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
That wasn't the point I was making :L

I thought people would of assumed the obvious, that Caldy had a tough time two years ago and at times didn't even make the bench, with those players ahead of him as cover / starters. Silly me for thinking that!

Reyes and Bruno, yes. Mattock and Painter, no.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

Kuszczak kept him out of the team for a bit as well. Greer too. And Gary Dicker.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here