Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
oscar-l229-1068206_478x359.jpg

PUBLISHED
19:01 21st September 2013
by Adam Tighe
All of the players worked very hard today and I am very proud of them"
Oscar Garcia
Oscar Garcia has praised his squad after ending a good week on a high with a 3-1 win over Bolton Wanderers.Albion followed up two draws on the road with their first come-from-behind victory since August 2011, and Oscar was full of praise for his team.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “I am happy with all of the players’ performances, and some of them have had to play 95 minutes in three games this week and it is hard.*
"It was a very important win for us after the two tough away games and the players deserved this win here in front of our fans.
“Another positive about today is our mental strength because when you have many injuries you have to be strong. All of the players worked very hard today and I am very proud of them.
“We have played better this season, but it is tough to have three games in seven days in this division. We could not rotate the players because we do not have the fit options, and for that reason we had four young players on the bench today.
“The injuries have allowed young players like Rohan Ince and Jake Forster-Caskey to get many minutes on the pitch and they have helped us a lot in this situation.
Albion grabbed three goals in twelve blistering second half minutes to turn the game around, and Oscar confessed he told the players at the break to be more ruthless.
“At half-time I told the players that we had to come back and win, we had to change the situation and we had to be more clinical in front of goal.*
calde-l229-1068217.jpg

“Fortunately in the second half we shot three times in five minutes and we scored three goals. Leo is our top goalscorer but we have shown everybody today that we can win without him.”
Meanwhile the Spaniard admitted the progress under him has been quicker than he expected.
“We are playing better than I thought we would be at this stage and the performance of the players - especially considering the injuries - has been very good.
“We are now six games unbeaten and I’m satisfied with this, but we are not satisfied with our overall position.
“The squad has been training hard and trying to do everything that we ask of them on the pitch and I have confidence in all of my players; I trust all of them.
“The players want to improve and they have put their trust in what we have given them to do and are taking our input onboard.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here