Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Great tactics Oscar

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Must be a nightmare for opposing managers picking a team to play against us.
Last two away games and we don't play two out and out wingers and pack the midfield then today we play two wingers but with no big man up front.
Took a bit of time to work it self out but came good in the end

Great stuff from the boss with a very limited squad at the moment

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I think he must have a pretty good grasp of what our players can and can't do by now. I sense that even if nothing happens in the January transfer window he will get the best out of what we've got, and if we get more players fit we do have a lot of options for mixing things up.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Last season opposition managers basically knew what side we would put out and if we were going to use any subs with 5 or 10 minutes left. This season is completely different.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Very much this. Everything about Oscar is class, his tactics, calm demeanour and ability to think before opening his mouth.

Early days, but he's looking very promising indeed. Gus was superb, Oscar might just be one step ahead.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
and so it begins...

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
In a nutshell, he is better than Poyet.

Well he's different. Has a plan B and C. Much more dignity. And the ability to come from behind and win. I think I'll leave it till at least the end of the season to judge if he's actually better.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I would say more cultured and far better experienced which makes him therefore better than you know who

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Well he's different. Has a plan B and C. Much more dignity. And the ability to come from behind and win. I think I'll leave it till at least the end of the season to judge if he's actually better.

Agreed. The team seem to have taken to him, the crowd certainly have and we seem to be far less predictable under him than Poyet. I love the faster breaks and the way we are the team closing down the opposition rather than the other way around. Long way to go but hugely encouraging for me.

One thing that he is definitely better at than Gus is being humble, I really like this attribute.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
I wouldn't say he's better than Poyet just yet, but so far. His tactics and philosophy appears to be rubbing off on the players. I was too busy moving into university, so I missed the game.

He mentioned he wanted us to be more ruthless on the break, how successful was that?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The OP makes it sound like we didn't play with a big man up front in order to surprise the opposition rather than the fact that we didn't have one available.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
image.jpg

I would just stop comparing and move on

Agree. The last two home first halves against Millwall & Bolton have been v. poor but he seems to be able to motivate/change things in the break:thumbsup:

Got a feeling we are going to be very good when the injured start to return.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I was all in from week 2.

Having watched the Derby game then seeing the slow improvements for Burnley, I was sold.
I've still not seen, and more importantly heard, anything from Oscar to make me wonder 'what might of been', with Gus.

The future's bright, the future's grumpy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here