Can't see it anywhere else......

Kuszczak - 7
Calderon - 7
Ward - 7.5
Upson - 7
Greer - 8
Ince - 8
Crofts - 7
Lopez - 5 - poor delivery, weak challenges, lost possession easily - really struggling, needs a goal
Buckley - 7
KLL - 9
Barnes - 7

Salter - 6
Conway - 6
Solly - N/A

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Kuszczak 8 - some good saves
Calderon 8.5 - good work, well taken goal
Greer 8
Upson 8
Ward 8
Ince 8.5
Lopez 6.5 - still yet to find his top form
Crofts 7
Buckley 8
Lualua 8.5
Barnes 7.5 - a little isolated at times

Conway, Bruno, March, the game was won when they came on and I didn't see enough of them to rate them.

Bolton kit 9/10 - the keeper's kit was a little plain. A reversal of last season.

I think our two penalty claims were a little soft, but suspect we would have been given one if Ngog had scored after the ball ricocheted off the ref.

Seems needlessly negative, but it still bothers me, but far, far too often we do not have enough people getting forward. Barnes plays buckley down the wing, then turns and runs to get in the box along with five bolton defenders. That isn't enough. It happens with Ulloa, sometimes it's ulloa or barnes with the ball on the wing, but then there's no one to give it to. There's a reason we had 66% possession in the first half and no goals on target, and that's because we never attack in enough numbers.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Kuszczak 8
Calde 8
Greer 7
Upson 7
Ward 7
Ince 8
Crofts 7
Dave 6
Buckley 8
Kaz 9
Barnes 7

Subs didn't really have much time to do a lot but I loved Bruno's cameo attacking midfield/striker role.

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
Kuszczak 7 - Made some very good saves but was at fault for Davids OG after watching it back on SSN. Should of been more positive. Very poor.

Calderon 8
Greer 8
Upson 7
Ward 8

Crofts 8 - Very good game today
Ince 8
David 7 - Getting better. Some set pieces were shocking but got a lot better overall as the game went on

Barnes 7 - Didn't do anything to rave about but had a solid game
LuaLua 9 - Different class
Buckley 8 - Very good game. Back to his old self.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
We were probably 4 goals better than Bolton today. They are a very poor team.

Kuszczack 8. A couple of top class saves, but a couple of goal kicks straight into touch.
Calderon 8. Good defensive work and a well taken goal.
Upson 7. Did what was necessary against a poor Bolton side.
Greer 7. Ditto.
Ward 7. Ditto.
Ince 9. Very good game. Amazing maturity considering how many league games he has played.
Crofts 7.
Lopez 5. Some very poor corners and free kicks AGAIN. Really off the pace.
Lua Lua 9. MOM. Probably the best I've seen him play. Strong on the ball. Good crosses apart from a couple early on. Helped out defensively.
Buckley 7. Not back to his best yet, but an improved performance and a well taken goal.
Barnes 7. Worked hard, but we miss Ulloa.

Subs:
Bruno. Can't rate him as he hardly touched the ball in the 15 mins he was on the pitch. Only reason for bringing him on surely was because he's Spanish!
Conway 6. Didn't set the game alight.
March. Not on long enough. Would have liked to see him being given more time.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Bit harsh on Bruno....I actually thought e looked class when he came on, playing in a position we had no idea he could.

Agree with most of that scoring above by people, again a bit harsh on dave as I thought he is starting to get back to his best.

Buckey is a real marmite player .......he struggled and then for 15 minutes he was absolutely unplayable ...brilliant!

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Kuszczak 8 some great saves
Calde 8 good all round game capped by a good goal
Greer 7.5 Solid
Upson 7.5 Solid
Ward 7.5 solid and good going forward
Ince 8.5 Just shaded MOM for me
Crofts 7 getting back to the Crofts of old
Spanish Dave 6.5 some poor set pieces but looked better than of late & unlucky not to score with a good volley that hit the post
Buckley 7.5 allways looked dangerous and scored a great goal
Kaz 8.5 close to MOM, He's got a goal coming soon.
Barnes 7 worked hard but looked to be struggling with fitness after injury

Bruno 6 played out of position but done a good job
Conway 6.5 started on the right, then went central and then put a great cross in from the left for SD to volley against the post, I liked what I saw from him as he makes himself available and is comfortable on the ball.
March n/a a time wasting substitution

That's my take on it from the view from where I sit.

Last edited:

fleet

Jul 28, 2003

Kuszczak - 7
Calderon - 7
Ward - 7.5
Upson - 7
Greer - 8
Ince - 8
Crofts - 7
Lopez - 5 - poor delivery, weak challenges, lost possession easily - really struggling, needs a goal
Buckley - 7
KLL - 9
Barnes - 7

Salter - 6
Conway - 6
Solly - N/A
This except PiG was worth more - kept is in it at times

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Kuszczak - 8 - 2/3 good saves, looked solid.

Calderon - 7 - Looks knackered at the start of a match, runs for 90 minutes regardless. Effort!
Ward - 8 - First half link up with Kaz was great fun to watch.
Upson - 7 - Solid, dependable...usual!
Greer - 8.5 - Why people criticise his passing so much really is beyond me, another captain's performance.

Ince - 8 - All he's missing is a creative mentality, everything else is there.
Crofts - 6 - May be suffering in comparison to the rest of the team but several wayward/bad passes.
Lopez - 6 - Not quite 'what does he do' but barely noticed him.
Buckley - 7.5 - First half and the goal. Oh yes.
KLL - 9 - MoTM - Was willing him to score by the end as he just didn't stop for the whole game...quite how he could still be sprinting on 90 mins is beyond me.

Barnes - 7.5 - Not much came his way in terms of chances but the flick ons were quality (in particular a chest in the second half).

Bruno - 6.5
Conway - 6
March - N/A

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Tom - 8

Calderon - 8
Greer - 7
Upson - 7
Ward - 7

Ince - 9
Crofts - 8
David Lopez - 6

LuaLua - 9
Barnes - 8
Buckley - 7.5

Kuszczak - 7
Calderon - 7
Ward - 7.5
Upson - 7
Greer - 8
Ince - 8
Crofts - 7
Buckley - 7
KLL - 9
Barnes - 7

Salter - 6
Conway - 6
Solly - N/A

but he got a goal and still struggled:lolol:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Kuszczak - 8
Calderon - 8
Ward - 7
Upson - 8
Greer - 8
Ince - 7
Crofts - 7
Lopez - 6
Buckley - 7
KLL - 9
Barnes - 7

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
All 7 except Greer and Ince 8 and KLL 9. Oh and David 6.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Kusczack - 7
Calderon - 7
Ward - 7
Upson - 8
Greer - 8
Ince - 8 very good again
Dave - 6 disappointing again
Crofts - 7
Buckley - 8 much improved
Lua Lua - 9 crosses and shooting wayward at times, but always a threat, great runs, passing very good
Barnes - 7

Conway - 6
Bruno - n/a
March - n/a can't see the point of bringing anyone on so late

Looks like we are starting to gel, now getting optimistic about this season, although to be fair, Bolton looked poor.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Kuszczak - 8- Made some superb saves
Calderon - 7
Ward - 7.5
Upson - 7
Greer - 8.5- Was superb today
Ince - 9
Crofts - 7
Lopez - 6, played better as the game went on-more confidence
Buckley - 8 Assist and the goal, can't ask better
KLL - 9.5 Easily the best player on the pitch, Bolton couldn't handle him, consistently terrorised the defence
Barnes - 8 I thought he was really good today. Did everything that was asked of him, certainly improving under Oscar

Salter - 6
Conway - 6
Solly - N/A

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Kuszczak - 7 - Went through spells of having nothing to do but kept his concentration to make the saves when needed. A bit too keen to punch near the end and caught offbalance by the own goal
Calderon - 7 - Well taken goal, solid at the back and always keen to involve in attacks
Ward - 8 - Linked up very well with Kaz and covered a lot of ground
Upson - 7 - Typical Upson display, strong and composed
Greer - 8 - In a really good vein of form at the moment
Ince - 9 - MoM - Strong, composed, quick... so much potential yet to be realised
Crofts - 7.5 - Typically robust all-action display, involved a lot. Slipping on the damp surface saw him get booked for clattering someone
Lopez - 6 - Not up to speed yet, delivery left a lot to be desired
Buckley - 8 - Grew in confidence as the game went on, very well taken goal
KLL - 9 - Dominated the fullback, unlucky not to score, did his fair share defensively
Barnes - 7 - Links up well although didn't get much in the way of scoring chances

Salter - 6 - Good to see him back even if it was in midfield where he could do what he wanted without worrying about overdoing it
Conway - 6 - Didn't see too much of the ball but direct and effective when he did have it
Solly - N/A - only on for a couple of minutes, didn't get much of the ball and had to track back most of the time

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
Kuszczak - 7 - Went through spells of having nothing to do but kept his concentration to make the saves when needed. A bit too keen to punch near the end and caught offbalance by the own goal
Calderon - 7 - Well taken goal, solid at the back and always keen to involve in attacks
Ward - 8 - Linked up very well with Kaz and covered a lot of ground
Upson - 7 - Typical Upson display, strong and composed
Greer - 8 - In a really good vein of form at the moment
Ince - 9 - MoM - Strong, composed, quick... so much potential yet to be realised
Crofts - 7.5 - Typically robust all-action display, involved a lot. Slipping on the damp surface saw him get booked for clattering someone
Lopez - 6 - Not up to speed yet, delivery left a lot to be desired
Buckley - 8 - Grew in confidence as the game went on, very well taken goal
KLL - 9 - Dominated the fullback, unlucky not to score, did his fair share defensively
Barnes - 7 - Links up well although didn't get much in the way of scoring chances

Salter - 6 - Good to see him back even if it was in midfield where he could do what he wanted without worrying about overdoing it
Conway - 6 - Didn't see too much of the ball but direct and effective when he did have it
Solly - N/A - only on for a couple of minutes, didn't get much of the ball and had to track back most of the time

He wasn't caught off balance. The problem was he didn't move or come to collect it. Didn't really know what happened when watching it in the ground but after watching on SSN, it was very very poor goalkeeping by Kuszczak. He made up for it with some class saves though.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Forgot to add to my post but that own goal we scored for them seemed to go in slow motion. I'm pretty sure Bogdan could have run up the pitch and got there in time to stop it for us.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here