Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar: We'll cope with midfield crisis [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Oscar: We'll cope with midfield crisis[/h]8:30am Saturday 21st September 2013 in Albion By Andy Naylor
2646225.jpg
Jake Forster-Caskey, centre of picture, was injured in this match at QPR
Oscar Garcia has backed Albion to cope with a central midfield crisis against Bolton Wanderers at The Amex today.
The head coach has put a brave face on the fresh injury problems which have compounded the absence of Keith Andrews.
Teenager Jake Forster-Caskey is out for around a fortnight with a groin injury sustained in Wednesday’s 0-0 draw at Queens Park Rangers.
Kemy Agustien is also sidelined for an unspecified period by hamstring trouble, which has ruled the Dutchman out of the squad for the second match running.
Oscar has confidence in young players like Rohan Ince, who is expected to return to the starting line-up.
Oscar said: “Unfortunately every week it’s not easy but we have to see the positive side. Some young players are playing and playing well and helping us. It’s a good moment for them.
“I like to work with young players, because they have an open mind. They want to improve, they want to be better and better.”
Ince, 20, has started all of the home games so far in the deep-lying midfield role normally occupied by hernia victim Liam Bridcutt and latterly by Andrews, who cannot play under the terms of his loan move from Bolton.
Ince has been converted by Oscar from a central defender to help cover for Bridcutt, whose comeback date has been kept under wraps by the club.
Oscar said: "When you have Liam injured you have to think which player can play in this position. I think Rohan has more qualities to play as a central midfielder, not as a centre-back.
"I always hope the young players take their chance when they have an opportunity to play and I am very pleased with all the young players who have played for us up to now."
Mid-table Albion also have a slight doubt about left-back Stephen Ward (Achilles) for the visit of Bolton, who were well-fancied at the start of the season but are bottom without a win after seven matches.
Oscar is taking no notice of the early placings. He warned: "They have played really well in some games and they have players of a high quality and technical level, so it will be a tough game for sure. We had experience of that in the last home game against Millwall."

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here