Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Songs that uplift you.....

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
The ones that lift you from a bad mood, the ones that as soon as you hear them, you want to go out and you feel 10 ft tall. The tracks that stir something inside you, get you up and motivate you for whatever lies ahead ?

For me this never fails:

From despair to where - manic street preachers

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Elvis Presley and America - U2

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Anything that reminds me of a sunset across the Cuckmere Valley, a lazy drive in the countryside on a sunny Sunday, or an azure sky promising warmth and mellowness, maybe some blackberry picking...

So I'll plump for 'Summer Breeze' by the Isley Brothers, though 'Summer The First Time' by Bobby Goldsboro, with its nostalgic fantasy and cheesy lyrics does run it a close second.

There really is nowhere like the past. It's yours - and yours alone.

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
Anything that reminds me of a sunset across the Cuckmere Valley, a lazy drive in the countryside on a sunny Sunday, or an azure sky promising warmth and mellowness, maybe some blackberry picking...

So I'll plump for 'Summer Breeze' by the Isley Brothers, though 'Summer The First Time' by Bobby Goldsboro, with its nostalgic fantasy and cheesy lyrics does run it a close second.

There really is nowhere like the past. It's yours - and yours alone.

Bobby Goldsboro... I'm not the only fan then :lolol:Although I prefer Hello Summertime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5OpZ1uBagA

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The music I put on most often after a bad day? Easy, the second part of Bach's Cantata 134 "Auf, Gläubige, singet die lieblichen Lieder". I'm not decidedly not a Gläubige but it's the most uplifting music I know: I just never tire of it

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
In my Life by the Beatles, a very reflective song but full of joy at the same time

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
The music I put on most often after a bad day? Easy, the second part of Bach's Cantata 134 "Auf, Gläubige, singet die lieblichen Lieder". I'm not decidedly not a Gläubige but it's the most uplifting music I know: I just never tire of it

This is exactly why I started this thread, however diverse, mainstream or not, there is a piece of music that moves us all and gets us up, yes Sussex by the sea sung at anfield by 5000 of us would win hands down, but everybody has a get up and go piece of music.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
far too many to mention.
But this one from a pick of modern stuff floats my boat.

Music used in the trailer for Cloud Atlas.

failing that LCD Soundsystem makes me feel like a giant especially after a few Stella

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here