Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UKIP Gaffe?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I feel sorry for the guy, and I hate UKIP. It feels like the press have gone on a mission to discredit the party any which way.

GypsyKing

Feb 4, 2013
Loathsome party imo but he clearly meant in the context of "a woman of dirty, slovenly or untidy habits or appearance" as opposed to the Oxford English Dictionary's alternative definition i.e. "a woman of low or loose character". His audience evidently also appreciated the context judged by the resultant laughter. So it wasn't meant in the most offensive context, it wasn't directed at anyone specific and it was as part of a joke which his audience clearly recognised and appreciated.

What a fabulous free press we have. No bias in the reporting of this one then... this country is getting so far u its self righteous own arse, it's ridiculous.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Just listened to their energy spokesman on Stephen Nolan on 5live. He didnt know what was in theparty manifesto, they dont really help themselves, do they?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
They remind me of the Private Eye caricature of Denis Thatcher in Dear Bill. At the time I thought that was fiction since nobody could be that crass. Now.......... :nono::nono::nono:

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Loathsome party imo but he clearly meant in the context of "a woman of dirty, slovenly or untidy habits or appearance" as opposed to the Oxford English Dictionary's alternative definition i.e. "a woman of low or loose character". His audience evidently also appreciated the context judged by the resultant laughter. So it wasn't meant in the most offensive context, it wasn't directed at anyone specific and it was as part of a joke which his audience clearly recognised and appreciated.

What a fabulous free press we have. No bias in the reporting of this one then... this country is getting so far u its self righteous own arse, it's ridiculous.

What is ironic today is that Bloom an elected politician is being subjected to a media shit storm for his comments about women and yet another elected politician is jailed today for beating up different women...............didn't even warrant more than 10 seconds on BBC News at 10.

http://news.sky.com/story/1144314/ex-msp-bill-walker-jailed-for-attacks-on-family

Go figure.

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
I don't support ukip but having heard it on tv tonight, he made an innocuous joke which seems to have made headline news. Can't help thinking that the press have a hidden agenda here. The man who said it is undoubtedly an idiot but the furor is ridiculous.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
BBC completely out of order perhaps?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Heard the recording on the news. A complete over reaction to what was an innocuous joke and obviously not a serious comment. And I really dislike UKIP.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
You can take the viewpoint this country would be better out of Europe without being an utter utter frothing at the mouth bell end.

This is what frustrates me about politics in this country. An issue like Europe has to mapped to the left or right and nothing in between.

Same with green issues.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

I caught both the BBC and SKY coverage of this,the only thing i took away from the BBC coverage was that there seemed to be a definite air of "gloating".If the big news channels cant be impartial with their political reporting we are all fracked.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Arguably the TV highlight of the week was him being barraged by the media and seeing his face suddenly realise he'd created a media storm, then calling the accusing reporter a "sad little man" before being sucked into a race row. UKIPs answer to Boris Johnson?

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
I caught both the BBC and SKY coverage of this,the only thing i took away from the BBC coverage was that there seemed to be a definite air of "gloating".If the big news channels cant be impartial with their political reporting we are all fracked.
Think everybody knows the BBC is left wing...had this been a Labour politician...the news would've been a lot different and smaller coverage.
I can see UKIP winning in the European election...how many times have we been promised a referendum on Europe by both Tories and Labour ? Yet they have one for AV voting...
Immigration is a big issue as well,we build lots of homes...then let immigrants in who have to be housed...it's an issue that has to be faced but parties are too scared to bring up the debate in fear of being called 'Racist'. Labours open door policy has a lot to answer for.
At least UKIP will get these issues on the agenda....Tories said that they would discuss the Human rights bill and set up one of our own British Bill of Human Rights...(Blocked by the Clegg gang) wouldn't you rather have an elected body to put down our rules...than some unelected eastern European Judges...(some where only barristers beforehand) telling the UK what they can do and what they can't...if you disagree with the Judges verdicts...you cannot vote them out.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I always find it strange that UKIP seem to get rubbished more than any other party including the BNP.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here