Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Overine platinum lounge advice please

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Myself, mrs and son are in the overline lounge tomorrow and I know about the dress code, but does this apply to my 10 year old son??

Thanks in advance :)

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
Dress Code

The 1901 Club provides a flexible environment for corporate guests and families and a smart casual appearance is required at all times. Smart casual is the minimum dress requirement for entry. To avoid embarrassment or inconvenience to members and guests, this dress code policy is outlined below. Please note that this dress code policy applies to all areas of the 1901 Club, children 14 years and under are also encouraged to dress appropriately, although discretion will be used in the case of young children. The 1901 Club reserves the right to refuse admission to any person not appropriately attired.

Acceptable: Business Attire, smart jeans, casual collared shirt, tie and jacket are optional.
Not Acceptable: T-shirts, shorts, sports shoes or sports clothing, flip flops and replica shirts

Hope this helps , I don't think they are too bothered about children under 14 in my experience as long he doesn't wear a Bolton shirt :)

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Kids with replica (Brighton) shirts are fine in the Overprice Lounge. Hope you enjoy it, it's a nice room, and the seats and view in the WSM are superb

upthealbion1970

NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Kids with replica (Brighton) shirts are fine in the Overprice Lounge. Hope you enjoy it, it's a nice room, and the seats and view in the WSM are superb

Thanks Phil, I'm looking forward to the experience and I'm glad I'm not paying :D although it already feels a bit wrong to not wear colours to a game :(

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Thanks Phil, I'm looking forward to the experience and I'm glad I'm not paying :D although it already feels a bit wrong to not wear colours to a game :(

To be fair though, you should never be allowed to wear that shirt in your avatar anywhere should you? Come and say hello anyway, you'll find most of us have been around the Albion for many years.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
To be fair though, you should never be allowed to wear that shirt in your avatar anywhere should you? Come and say hello anyway, you'll find most of us have been around the Albion for many years.

Oh and make sure you start a thread after the game bitching about the food

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

upthealbion1970

NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

That shirt is one of my most favourite things, which probably says something not particularly flattering about me :lol:
Will keep an eye out for you :)

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Oh and make sure you start a thread after the game bitching about the food

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

Would love to come up with something witty, but you know it will probably happen. No thread from me though, I wouldn't be qualified to comment.

Now, if you haven't sampled the burgers at the Swan.......

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Youngsters are allowed to wear replica shirts....what they do lookout for are trainers/tatty or scruffy jeans. Jeans are allowed if clean, they do not allow shirts with large logo's on ,you can have the small seagull or crocodile showing though. Enjoy the day....and the food if you can afford it.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Not wrong, just being an adult.

You may not have noticed, but literally hundreds of thousands of Adults, do not share this point of view. Look at a couple of crowd shots from any league in the world. As we are a democratic country you are Entitled to your opinion of course, but don't tell someone they're wrong, when they are doing what they want to do, and doing something that millions of others from all walks of life, following football at all levels, all around the world do.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Youngsters are allowed to wear replica shirts....what they do lookout for are trainers/tatty or scruffy jeans. Jeans are allowed if clean, they do not allow shirts with large logo's on ,you can have the small seagull or crocodile showing though.

If you Tolerate This Your Children Will Be Next.

What does this 'allowed' bulls hit have to do with watching a game of football? Too puerile for words.

upthealbion1970

NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Youngsters are allowed to wear replica shirts....what they do lookout for are trainers/tatty or scruffy jeans. Jeans are allowed if clean, they do not allow shirts with large logo's on ,you can have the small seagull or crocodile showing though. Enjoy the day....and the food if you can afford it.

We are enjoying the food as guests of the club, so not costing me a penny :)

Thanks for the pointers

upthealbion1970

NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I enjoyed the experience of the food and the lounge, and also being able to sit with my son and mrs in her wheelchair at the Amex but the atmosphere wasn't what I was used to and the bloke sat next to me made me chuckle when he put his finger in his ear each time I sang. It also made a change being level with the edge of the north penalty area meaning I could hear the north stand much better as opposed to my normal wsu seat in block c.
Overall a really good day out as a family, with my 10 year old meeting Gary Chivers and Mulllers in person. Really happy with the effort made by the club to rectify an issue so a big thank you for that, and obviously the result was a bonus!
Thank you Albion, in particular Paul Barber for arranging it for us :)

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I enjoyed the experience of the food and the lounge, and also being able to sit with my son and mrs in her wheelchair at the Amex but the atmosphere wasn't what I was used to and the bloke sat next to me made me chuckle when he put his finger in his ear each time I sang. It also made a change being level with the edge of the north penalty area meaning I could hear the north stand much better as opposed to my normal wsu seat in block c.
Overall a really good day out as a family, with my 10 year old meeting Gary Chivers and Mulllers in person. Really happy with the effort made by the club to rectify an issue so a big thank you for that, and obviously the result was a bonus!
Thank you Albion, in particular Paul Barber for arranging it for us :)

Hope you will still talk to me now you have been in the posh seats!
You will be moving out of Newhaven next!:lolol:

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
no spikes. then. oh, wait- OVERINE?

wolverine-jackman.jpg

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
You may not have noticed, but literally hundreds of thousands of Adults, do not share this point of view. Look at a couple of crowd shots from any league in the world. As we are a democratic country you are Entitled to your opinion of course, but don't tell someone they're wrong, when they are doing what they want to do, and doing something that millions of others from all walks of life, following football at all levels, all around the world do.

Phil, read the quote honey!

'Not wrong'.

Which bit don't you get?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here