Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dunk...

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Any News on Dunky?

I know we might need cover but I'm shocked that nobody has come in for him for a few months loan, maybe not everyone is as unlucky as us this year with injuries.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Diffcult one as he can't make the bench due to not being as good as El Abd. Probably should go on loan to a League One club with a recall clause should we have any injuries in defence.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If we get any more injuries in central midfield, then he'll be under consideration for playing there. It is where he started, so not at all far fetched.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Wish we'd cashed in when Spurs and New C were sniffing a few yrs back...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If we get any more injuries in central midfield, then he'll be under consideration for playing there. It is where he started, so not at all far fetched.

I would be terrified with Bambi in midfield. Andrews is only out for a game, and I'd play Calde there if needed.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing

Yes agreed.. was saying this in the office today. Wouldn't be a surprise.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Play him upfront as a target man, ala "string bean Peter Crouch" stylee :albion2:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Dunk in midfield would be a disaster.

His distribution as a centre back is iffy (Palace away), as a midfielder it would be disastrous.

Dunk is nowhere near assured enough to play CM for us YET.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
He'd be good in midfield, once he grew accustomed to the change in pace. Good passer of the ball. He was superb for the first half of our first season at the Amex.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Totally agree.

However reading this thread people seem to think he would be the next Zidane.

Very odd.

I think because he's Brighton born and bred, people really want him to do well, which is totally understandable. He has the potential to be very good, but is some way off it yet, hence not even making the bench.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
I think because he's Brighton born and bred, people really want him to do well, which is totally understandable. He has the potential to be very good, but is some way off it yet, hence not even making the bench.

He has had some good games, but he was error prone. I accept that last year was a write off due to off the field issues, but he has got nowhere near the team so far this season.

Dec 29, 2011
Impresses for the DS, but can't get near the first team squad. A bit like Barker I guess. He'd be a great signing for a League 1 side on loan.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Diffcult one as he can't make the bench due to not being as good as El Abd. Probably should go on loan to a League One club with a recall clause should we have any injuries in defence.

Far better actual footballer than Adam. Not as good a defender in the traditional way, but much better on the ball. I think he would have been a regular by now but for his "unfortunate" year.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

He has been one of the star players in the Dev squad which remains unbeaten. There is plenty of time for him and most good CB's have to mature as there is a lot more responsibility needed in that role than anywhere else on the pitch apart from the goal keeper.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He would be an absolute disaster in central midfield other than possibly just in front of the back four if we were going to field a very defensive team and the back four can cover his mistakes. His distribution and passing is very poor. I would think that he is a mile behind EL Abd in defence and Ince in midfield the best answer fo him is a loan to a Div 1 side, contact Slade , Barker or even Wittingham at Pompey in Div2.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here