Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnes wants to double up with Ulloa as Albion strikeforce [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Barnes wants to double up with Ulloa as Albion strikeforce[/h]8:30am Friday 20th September 2013 in Albion By Brian Owen
2642524.gif
Ashley Barnes would love to be part of a front two with Ulloa when he finishes his ban
Ashley Barnes wants to team up with Leo Ulloa as a two-man strikeforce – when the big Argentinean is free of suspension.
Barnes continues as lone centre-forward at home to Bolton tomorrow as Albion chase a first goal in three matches.
Ulloa is serving the second game of a three-match ban following the red card at Reading which gave Barnes his big chance to get back into the side.
But Barnes reckons they could solve Albion’s goal-getting problems in the longer term as colleagues in a 4-4-2 line-up.
The Albion No.9 said: “Let’s be honest, Leo is unbelievable.
“He’s a different kind of player to me. I love playing alongside him. He’s phenomenal. I just want to play with him.
“Unfortunately he got sent off the other day but it has given me a chance to play up front until he’s back, then we will see what happens.
“I would hope one day this season we play with two strikers up front as a 4-4-2.”
Barnes is Albion’s only available senior central striker but he admits he is still not fully over his recent hip injury. He said: “It was the most frustrating thing ever. It was the smallest knock with the goalkeeper at Birmingham.
“It put a tear in my labrum and I couldn’t kick a ball. All I could do was light running in a straight line.
“I still feel it now and then but it they are saying it will get better from playing more minutes.”
Head coach Oscar Garcia faces a big decision as to who offers Barnes support from wide areas.
Craig Conway made his debut at QPR on Wednesday but Kazenga LuaLua, who was rested, impressed in Sunday’s draw at Reading.
Oscar has used right winger Will Buckley in a more central role in some games but he has been on the bench for the two recent away matches.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here