Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

AFL- Cats V Hawks tonight Fremantle V Sydney tomorrow

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Interesting game tonight

Geelong have won the last 11 against Hawthorn since the 2008 grand final loss. Hawthorn are big favorites and have had a weeks rest but the run of 11 losses and "kennet's curse" may play a part in the result tonight.

I desperately want a Cats win tonight but fear the Hawks will reverse the trend and win comfortably

Heart says Geelong, Head Says Hawthorn

Anyone following AFL in the UK or are The Aussies among us watching the big game tonight (1st bounce in 50 mins)

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
I tried to get into Aussie rules when it was on channel 4 way back. Despite repeated tries the utter randomness of the game forced me to give up. It looks like one of those terrible new "sports" our over friendly PE teacher used to inflict on us that would he would forget within a month when the new fad game came along.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I tried to get into Aussie rules when it was on channel 4 way back. Despite repeated tries the utter randomness of the game forced me to give up. It looks like one of those terrible new "sports" our over friendly PE teacher used to inflict on us that would he would forget within a month when the new fad game came along.

Very true, it takes a long time to understand it's rules and nuances but once you do it is spectacular to watch and the skill level is impressive (more so these days as much of the violence has been taken out of it). Going to games helps as does having someone to explain what is going on. I used to go with a country footy umpire which was interesting as he new the rules better than most supporters and commentators.

The game tonight should be a cracker.

rosscrudos

Mar 17, 2008
Close at half time, but I think Hawthorne will be too strong for them in the second half. Good game so far. It took me a while to get into AFL but it's such a great game. One thing I miss about living in Victoria is AFL, Newcastle is a pure Rugby League city and rugby is rubbish! I wonder if my team, the doggies, will ever win a flag?

colonies man

Jul 30, 2011
Thanks for that BadFish

Would love to see Pavlich hold up the trophy,he stuck with us when he was just about our only classy player in those lean years.

colonies man

Jul 30, 2011
Close at half time, but I think Hawthorne will be too strong for them in the second half. Good game so far. It took me a while to get into AFL but it's such a great game. One thing I miss about living in Victoria is AFL, Newcastle is a pure Rugby League city and rugby is rubbish! I wonder if my team, the doggies, will ever win a flag?

Its tough for those poorer clubs in melbourne,but lets hope the dogs win it before those cheats at Essendon do.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Good game,can't say I am enjoying it much. painful gut wrenching business.still hope we can hang on.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
8 points the cats way

Dodgy mark decision will upset the poo and wees

Fantastic game.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Another dodgy decision and a fantastic goal puts us up by 20

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here