Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Unsung hero in Matt Upson

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
What a game he had last night. Absolute class from start to finish. Redknapp must have been gutted he didn't try and snatch him from us. We have an absolute steal in having him at our club and I was proud to see him in our colours against a wealth of premier league/international players. And lastly WTF are Bolton doing loaning Andrews out to us he was also a cut above last night . This is all.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Couldn't believe he got slagged off on the 5live commentary - apparently he is nowhere near as good as when he played for England, and even then he was awful. WTF?!

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Couldn't believe he got slagged off on the 5live commentary - apparently he is nowhere near as good as when he played for England, and even then he was awful. WTF?!

Its funny because I read the sky sports report this morning and I felt like they must have gone to a different game to me. They made it out like we were totally outclassed and lucky to have got away with a draw. We can all bang on about if's and buts but we desperately needed some pace in attack and we would have caused them allsorts of problems had we have had the legs to get in behind them. Im not an AB fan but he was excellent last night as well. Qpr will struggle against sides with quick forwards as their centres halfs are dog slow(Onouha aside)

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I don't think he's unsung, we all know he's one of the best.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Which begs the question why wasn't Lua Lua playing

A few of us were asking the same question before ko and the general view was that he isn't disciplined enough in defending against the quality QPR have this said he was doing his fair share v Reading

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Does seem odd that Lualua was dropped after his excellent performance at Reading. I was hoping Oscar would give him more opportunities than Poyet.

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
A few of us were asking the same question before ko and the general view was that he isn't disciplined enough in defending against the quality QPR have this said he was doing his fair share v Reading

Or he might not be fit enough yet to start 2 games. Certainly hasn't played much recently. .

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Its funny because I read the sky sports report this morning and I felt like they must have gone to a different game to me. They made it out like we were totally outclassed and lucky to have got away with a draw.
The "story" from last night's game was all about how moneybags tabletoppers QPR dominated possession but failed to capitalise and record another victory - with big man Charlie Austin being the main culprit in missing a string of gilt-edged scoring opportunities...

Doesn't matter that it's not really true but the real match summary isn't as interesting.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Or he might not be fit enough yet to start 2 games. Certainly hasn't played much recently. .

I'd say it was a bit of both of these. Regardless of form, there must be some amount of consideration to the opposition, and if you need to keep it tight, and have extra defensive qualities, then LuaLua wouldn't be top of the list, especially when he isn't 100% fit.

He'll be back for Bolton probably, and hopefully he'll take the game by the scruff of the neck, even more so having had a bit more of a rest...

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Our defensive improvement since he joined has been incredible, still got a few years left in him for sure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here