Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Matthew Upson

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
End of seagulls player extended highlights

Does a mini bow down to the Brighton fans at the end of the game, not seen a player do that for a while!

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
He and Greer have been excellent lately (I'll forgive Gordon that shocking pass across the top of the penalty area last night).

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Along with keeping Bridcutt, re-signing Upson was one of the most important things we did this summer.

We had a great defensive record from January when he joined us. He brings out the best in Greer also making a good centre partnership. He got Greer out of trouble when that awful backpass nearly let QPR in.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I've said it before and I'll say it again, I can't believe we have an England International at centre-back ( ok, Fossie was one once for a short while). He is a class act.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I've said it before and I'll say it again, I can't believe we have an England International at centre-back ( ok, Fossie was one once for a short while). He is a class act.

Even at 34 he looks much more steady than Cahill and Jagielka, though of course different level. Positionally, just superb - I just feel less concerned when we are under pressure as I just know Upson will tidy up......

It has helped Greer no doubt, also helped AEA as well the times he played.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here