Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Greetings From Bolton

bwfcbob123

Nov 20, 2012
Hi there, I'm from a Bolton forum called Burnden Aces. We run a Q&A feature with other fans, and if you fancy helping us out, just answer the questions below:

Brighton sit in 13th place in the Championship after 7 games. How has this season been for you so far?

How confident are you about the coming season? What position do you think Hove Albion can achieve?

Meanwhile, Bolton sit at the foot of the Championship, with no wins and 3 draws in the league so far. Do you think Dougie Freedman can turn the bad start around and achieve promotion this season?

Who will finish higher this season; Bolton or Brighton?

Keith Andrews is currently on loan at the Amex from Bolton. What do you think of him?

The loan window opened for Football League clubs last week; if you could sign any young player on loan, who would it be?

Who should Bolton be wary of from the Brighton team sheet?

Which Bolton player do you think Óscar Garcia will be telling his charges to watch out for?

And finally, what do you think the final score will be at the Amex on Saturday?

Also, could you let me know how old you are, when you're first Brighton match was and who your all-time favourite Brighton player is.

I look forward to reading your replies!

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
We should beat you, but we probably won't. I lost concentration with all the questions, sorry.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Hi there, I'm from a Bolton forum called Burnden Aces. We run a Q&A feature with other fans, and if you fancy helping us out, just answer the questions below:

Brighton sit in 13th place in the Championship after 7 games. How has this season been for you so far?

How confident are you about the coming season? What position do you think Hove Albion can achieve?

Meanwhile, Bolton sit at the foot of the Championship, with no wins and 3 draws in the league so far. Do you think Dougie Freedman can turn the bad start around and achieve promotion this season?

Keith Andrews is currently on loan at the Amex from Bolton. What do you think of him?

The loan window opened for Football League clubs last week; if you could sign any young player on loan, who would it be?

Which Bolton player do you think Óscar Garcia will be telling his charges to watch out for?

Also, could you let me know how old you are, when you're first Brighton match was and who your all-time favourite Brighton player is.

Is this for a thesis?

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Brighton sit in 13th place in the Championship after 7 games. How has this season been for you so far? Results have been average but I think the gameplan is better.

How confident are you about the coming season? What position do you think Hove Albion can achieve? 3

Meanwhile, Bolton sit at the foot of the Championship, with no wins and 3 draws in the league so far. Do you think Dougie Freedman can turn the bad start around and achieve promotion this season? Hope not.

Who will finish higher this season; Bolton or Brighton? Brighton

Keith Andrews is currently on loan at the Amex from Bolton. What do you think of him? Looks very promising.

Who should Bolton be wary of from the Brighton team sheet? Spanish Dave :thumbsup:

Which Bolton player do you think Óscar Garcia will be telling his charges to watch out for? Eagles? Baptiste? Not sure

And finally, what do you think the final score will be at the Amex on Saturday? 2-0

1985, Either Gary Hart or Garry Nelson :thumbsup:

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne

A) Poor start (2 defeats and out the cup to Newport) but we havent lost the last 5 games, not conceding in the last 2 against ex-Premier League teams. Things are starting to look up, even if our main striker is suspended.

A) Play-Offs is the target again and we have the ability to get there, but the league is so unpredictable so who knows really.

A) Not really, a big defeat this weekend will probably see the end of Dougie......which is pleasing for Brighton fans because of his Palace links.

A) Brighton - no question !!

A) Good solid player, improves our question no doubt and provides support to Liam Bridcutt.

A) Any as long as they are a striker !!

A) Normally Leo Ulloa, but luckily for you he is suspended - Id say David Lopez (AKA Spanish Dave) point to prove so far this season. Game is being marketed by BHAFC as Spanish Day, so it would be apt for Spanish Dave to perform well.

A) No one in particular, just work to stop Bolton as a whole.

Brighton 2-0 Bolton - 6th game unbeaten and 3rd straight cleansheet - also Bye Bye to the Palace b*stard from Bolton.

Im young enough, 27th August 2001 - Blackpool at home - 4-0 win, and Bobby Zamora - for nostalgic reasons.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

Brighton sit in 13th place in the Championship after 7 games. How has this season been for you so far?Started slowly, understandable really given the upheaval of losing our manager, but Garcia seems to be getting his ideas across now, our defence doesn't concede many goals and we're on a five game unbeaten run. I'm pleased with how its going

How confident are you about the coming season? What position do you think Hove Albion can achieve?I think we'll get stronger as the season goes on, we've got quite a few injuries at the moment, get those players back and we'll be strong

Meanwhile, Bolton sit at the foot of the Championship, with no wins and 3 draws in the league so far. Do you think Dougie Freedman can turn the bad start around and achieve promotion this season?I'm not sure. You seem to have big name players, perhaps they still have big name egos to match? Ego over team?

Who will finish higher this season; Bolton or Brighton?Mystic Meg would be useful to answer that. Hopefully us, but then I'm a Brighton fan.

Keith Andrews is currently on loan at the Amex from Bolton. What do you think of him?He's better than the bloke you signed to replace him! Can we make it permanent please

The loan window opened for Football League clubs last week; if you could sign any young player on loan, who would it be?How old is Messi? Failing that we're a bit light on forwards, Wilf Zaha would be a laugh

Who should Bolton be wary of from the Brighton team sheet?We're a bit depleted at the moment, Ashley Barnes is probably our biggest goal threat in Ulloas absence

Which Bolton player do you think Óscar Garcia will be telling his charges to watch out for?Craig Davies probably, that ball could go anywhere, I'll be wearing a crash helmet in the North Stand

And finally, what do you think the final score will be at the Amex on Saturday?It'll be a tight game, can't see any more than 1 goal being scored, so either 1-0, 0-0 or 0-1. Hope that helps :)

Also, could you let me know how old you are, when you're first Brighton match was and who your all-time favourite Brighton player is.Old enough to know better, first match in 79 and Sergi Gotsmanov is my favourite

MacKenzie.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Brighton sit in 13th place in the Championship after 7 games. How has this season been for you so far? Time for preparation and organisation and Oscar getting acquainted with and assessing the squad.

How confident are you about the coming season? What position do you think Hove Albion can achieve? Play Offs but hopefully above QPR cos that would mean automatic.

Meanwhile, Bolton sit at the foot of the Championship, with no wins and 3 draws in the league so far. Do you think Dougie Freedman can turn the bad start around and achieve promotion this season? Think he will turn it around but not sure you will achieve the play offs, probably just miss out.

Who will finish higher this season; Bolton or Brighton? Brighton without a doubt as shown by my expectations and answers above

Keith Andrews is currently on loan at the Amex from Bolton. What do you think of him? Very good shows his experience and knowledge of the game

The loan window opened for Football League clubs last week; if you could sign any young player on loan, who would it be? Nobody springs to mind as we are improving with the squad we have but obviously Guidetti from Man City would benefit any Championship side.

Who should Bolton be wary of from the Brighton team sheet? No stars as such but solid as a team

Which Bolton player do you think Óscar Garcia will be telling his charges to watch out for? Nobody, he will expect every man to work as a team and do their job.

And finally, what do you think the final score will be at the Amex on Saturday? 2-0 to us

Also, could you let me know how old you are, when you're first Brighton match was and who your all-time favourite Brighton player is. 69 years old am told I went to my first game taken by my grandfather at 2 years old so in 1945. Cant remember who was my first game. Favourite all time player was Peter O Sullivan who we got from Man Utd on a free as he had a certain George Best stopping him getting into their side.

Hope we beat you but Freedman seems to have a spell over us

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads
We will finish higher than you, but probably just outside the play-offs. On Saturday we will play you off the park, and unlike last year, we will get the victory.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Brighton sit in 13th place in the Championship after 7 games. How has this season been for you so far? Poor start, should have had 4 points from the first 6 where we got 0. Disappointing to only draw at home to Millwall but inturn got 2 unexpected points in recent away games at Reading and QPR.

How confident are you about the coming season? What position do you think Hove Albion can achieve? Before the season started I thought we would finish top 3, now I suspect we'll finish between 9th and 15th.

Meanwhile, Bolton sit at the foot of the Championship, with no wins and 3 draws in the league so far. Do you think Dougie Freedman can turn the bad start around and achieve promotion this season? Honestly I think you will still make the play-offs whilst teams such as Blackpool and Burnley will fade away come mid October

Who will finish higher this season; Bolton or Brighton? Bolton

Keith Andrews is currently on loan at the Amex from Bolton. What do you think of him? Skeptical when we signed him but he seems to be proving people wrong, seems a good signing on what we've seen so far

The loan window opened for Football League clubs last week; if you could sign any young player on loan, who would it be? A young striker from the Premier League who knows where the goal is, Harry Kane maybe?

Who should Bolton be wary of from the Brighton team sheet? Ulloa would be the obvious answer but as he is suspended I shall say the unpredictable Kazenga LuaLua, on his day he can beat any defender in this league with his pace and skills

Which Bolton player do you think Óscar Garcia will be telling his charges to watch out for? Jay Spearing - he runs the midfield for you

And finally, what do you think the final score will be at the Amex on Saturday? 2-1 home win - a penalty converted in the last 15 minutes

Also, could you let me know how old you are, when you're first Brighton match was and who your all-time favourite Brighton player is. 23 years old, favourite alltime player is Bobby Zamora

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012

Brighton sit in 13th place in the Championship after 7 games. How has this season been for you so far?slow start but things starting to gel under Oscar

How confident are you about the coming season? What position do you think Hove Albion can achieve?4th would be about right. Depends on key players staying fit

Meanwhile, Bolton sit at the foot of the Championship, with no wins and 3 draws in the league so far. Do you think Dougie Freedman can turn the bad start around and achieve promotion this season?dont think he'll be there in a couple of weeks. Club of your size should be in the mix

Who will finish higher this season; Bolton or Brighton?Brighton without a doubt. You migh sneak PO if you can sort a few things

Keith Andrews is currently on loan at the Amex from Bolton. What do you think of him?not sure. He has yet to impress

The loan window opened for Football League clubs last week; if you could sign any young player on loan, who would it be?the other Ince

Who should Bolton be wary of from the Brighton team sheet?forster caskey..growing in stature and confidence..he's our brightest prospect

Which Bolton player do you think Óscar Garcia will be telling his charges to watch out for?at the moment? No one

And finally, what do you think the final score will be at the Amex on Saturday?1 zip if we're lucky. Can't see us getting more than a 0-0 against any Freedman team. He has the measure of the Albion if nothing else

My age is a close secret but first match would be early seventies with my Dad...favourite player of all time? Close between Peter Ward and Zamora.both were flair! I know a few of the lads personally and my fave bloke is Adam Virgo.

Cricket*, I'm exhausted now.

*****ing Ipad spell predictor.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Brighton sit in 13th place in the Championship after 7 games. How has this season been for you so far? Great, and getting better after 2 early defeats.

How confident are you about the coming season? What position do you think Hove Albion can achieve? Very. 2nd.

Meanwhile, Bolton sit at the foot of the Championship, with no wins and 3 draws in the league so far. Do you think Dougie Freedman can turn the bad start around and achieve promotion this season? Dougie can and will turn it round. Potential to make the playoffs.

Who will finish higher this season; Bolton or Brighton? Brighton

Keith Andrews is currently on loan at the Amex from Bolton. What do you think of him? Fantastic player, who has fitted in to our style of play perfectly.

The loan window opened for Football League clubs last week; if you could sign any young player on loan, who would it be? Guidetti

Who should Bolton be wary of from the Brighton team sheet? Ashley Barnes is due a goal or two

Which Bolton player do you think Óscar Garcia will be telling his charges to watch out for? Not sure

And finally, what do you think the final score will be at the Amex on Saturday? 2-0 to Brighton, but Bolton will get better

:guitar:

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

A slow start after a dreadful end to the season, and an awful summer with the protracted departure of Poyet. No, we don't know what happened, but it was a mess, and IMO we will take a while to recover.

I would guess at about 8th. But with the exception of Wayne Bridge, we do have the same squad that finished 4th last year. We have a lot of injuries at the moment. If we are in the top 10 at Christmas, the play offs are possible.

Freedman is an arse. A week before he left Palace, he said he had unfinished business there. He then left. I guess money talks. Yes he can turn it round, but TBH with him there, and your 'let's not have relegation from the Premier league' chairman, I rather hope he doesn't.

Close. We'll both probably be between 7th and 10th

Excellent player, thanks very much. Shame he can't play Saturday. He seems to be enjoying it too.

A striker

Ulloa is suspended, CMS and Hoskins injured. scoring goals is our problem at the moment. Hopefully Lua Lua plays Saturday. On his day he's dangerous. He can also do six step overs and put the ball into Row Z.

ngog?

I hope, after last year's travesty, we win, but I'm going for a 0-0. How exciting.

51. 1973. Brian Horton

Have a good trip down.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
I'm sure you are a nice person but, if there was a game/team/fans last season that pissed me off, it was you lot. Spearing behaved like a thug & nicking a point after being outplayed for 93 minutes was a liberty. Hopefully we will stick 6 past you but your luck has got to change, hasn't it? :)

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

Solid. It's all about building a platform for a promotion assault in the second half of the season, that's exactly what we're doing.

Extremely confident, we've got a squad which oozes class, made some high quality additions and have an exceptional young manager, the sky is the limit.

I think they're doomed, fans already on the boss's back with ideas above their station after punching above their weight in the EPL for many years. Bottom quarter of the Championship is about Boltons level.

:lolol: Brighton

Class act, always showing for the ball and re-sdistributing it in a sensible and timely manner.

Macheda from Man Utd would have been an outstanding signing at this level and has a goalscoring knack off the bench that would be useful for us as we create numerous chances late in the game after we've passed the socks off the opposition.

We have quality all over the park, Bolton would be foolish to concentrate on just one player. Ward from Wolves is a swashbuckling full back who is easy on the eye.

No one particularly, we're playing bottom of the league, we should be confident if we play at our best then the 3 points will follow

3-0, comfortable win

44, first Albion game was v Hull in the early 70's and my favourite player is Terry Connor

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here