Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Most entertaining 0 - 0 match?

Centurion

Sep 2, 2012
Having been to the two recent nil nils and come away pleased with results and performance and what were actually entertaining games all things considered, made me think what's the most entertaining 0-0 you've even seen and why?

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Reading this weekend was probably my favourite 0-0, although I've only seen 15 Albion matches without a goal for either side!

SussexHoop

Dec 7, 2003
Best I've been to was QPR - Chel*** last season, a real blood and thunder derby full of genuine hatred and venom.

Said to my brother last night's was the 2nd best. I thought it was a cracking game.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I thought the Charlton home game last season was a good game. There were chances on both sides to win it including us hitting the bar near the end.

maglers

Apr 26, 2011
Reading is the most entertaining I've seen recently (Bristol City, Peterborough and Palace play-off away last season, Reading and QPR away this). Basically, if I'm going to an away game it's likely to finish goalless.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Either a 0-0 against Coventry at Highfield Road, we were excellent that day against a good Cov team....or a 0-0 between Kidderminster Harriers and Plymouth years ago, the match was abandoned at half time due to freezing fog. Not the best game but certainly the coldest!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Away to Leicester, with Sullivan in goal, when we had to wear their shirts.

Not great in a 'good even game' sense. They battered us, but we defended really well, and Sullivan was superb.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I remember that game. Sidwell had a blinder but the ball just wouldn't go in the net.
That's right, Micky Adams was their manager at the time. I loved that old ground, much better than the Ricoh.

jabba

Jul 15, 2009
York
spurs away 1977. nearly 50,000 there, great atmosphere and amazed we got away with a point goalie played a blinder think it was Moseley?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
That's right, Micky Adams was their manager at the time. I loved that old ground, much better than the Ricoh.

I remember walking away afterwards and a couple of Cov fans saying that were was only one team in it, they didn't know how they managed to keep a clean sheet. I liked Highfield Road, it had a good feel to it.

jemwillett

Feb 17, 2012
Burgess Hill
Reading is the most entertaining I've seen recently (Bristol City, Peterborough and Palace play-off away last season, Reading and QPR away this). Basically, if I'm going to an away game it's likely to finish goalless.

Bristol city last season was a shocker. Absolute shocker.

el punal

spurs away 1977. nearly 50,000 there, great atmosphere and amazed we got away with a point goalie played a blinder think it was Moseley?

I was at that game but I think Eric Steele was our goalie that day, could be wrong though. Also, I remember Spurs goalie (Barry Daines?) making a wonder save to stop us going 1-0 up. The game was shown on The Big Match on ITV with Brian Moore commentating.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
It was Steele.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I seem to remember an away game against Portsmouth that had an Argus headline of 0-0 thrashing or similar?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here