Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your prediction,the 2015 general election result.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Keep the arguements out of it,however call the result now. Let's take out any issue (like in 83 the Falklands factor) and go with a slow upturn that appears to be the case ? Liberal MP's seem hard to unseat yet i think Cleeg will lose a few and fail to gain any (?) so Tory/Liberal coalition for me seems set to continue.:drama:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Coalition, but not sure which way.

But I reckon the Greens will hold onto their one seat, and UKIP will end up with nothing again, but crow as if they've won a majority themselves.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
If Ed stays as the leader of Labour I find it hard to believe they'll win back power unless they can form a coalition, I think they'll need more than just the Lib Dems though.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Given your assumptions, and one further one - no change in leader for any major party between now and the election, I'd go for a small overall Tory majority; less than 20. If Milliband gets replaced - then a coalition.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
People generally don't vote FOR parties any more, they vote against ones they don't like. Labour are pretty much unelectable at the mo, LibDems will lose seats, proababl Tory/LibDem coalition again by default. I expect some give-aways in a pre-election budget to sweaten the deal.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Hmm.

Labour are going to get totally thrashed so I reckon the fecking Tories will romp in. This country is pants at tactical voting. I actually agree that the liberals have been a positive influence overall, but their vote has collapsed.

UKIP vote is the key. It's pretty clear now though that Cameron has diluted their threat
by adopting an anti immigrant stance and pledging an in out EU vote.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Given your assumptions, and one further one - no change in leader for any major party between now and the election, I'd go for a small overall Tory majority; less than 20. If Milliband gets replaced - then a coalition.

This. Even if Milliband gets replaced, I can't see Labour closing the gap on the Tories and Lib Dems. The Lib Dems are out. Can't see who will vote for them in a General Election.

UKIP will do well.

Labour will not make any gains at all.

Turnout will be disastrously low again.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
You see the 'experts' seem to think that G/E are won two years maybe more the actual day and that seems to stack-up when you chat to people,therefore CMD plus Clegg in 2015.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Conservatives/Cameron couldn't gain a majority against one of the most discredited PM's ever last time so they have no chance of getting a majority after 5 years of looking after their mates and rubbing everyone elses nose in it, people won't vote Lib/Dem next time as a protest vote knowing it may well let Cameron & co in the back door again so Labour will win maybe by default but win all the same.

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
People generally don't vote FOR parties any more, they vote against ones they don't like.

I concur with this. I honestly do not know who I would vote for if there was an election tomorrow. Despite always voting Tory, Dave and Gidiot are rapidly turning me to the dark side. I can only see a hung parliament in 2015.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Labour , majority less than 10.

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
I will be voting for the Green Party and hoping we can follow in the footsteps of Norway - so obviously I hope the Conservatives and UKIP have a horror show

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I reckon a load of power hungry psychopaths will be elected to parliament, when we should have a government of scientists and great thinkers.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Hung Parliment. Which for me says it all, and as I hardly trust any of them, hanging might be suitable.
Tories = Cameron feckin clueless, MPs sleaze bags lining the pockets of the already too rich.
Labour= The wrong brother, as appealing as a potato. Party no ideas, even in opposition.
Libs = Clegg dozy stardust daydreamer, Party lost all credibility joining ranks of the Tories in belief that having some imagined power they would become credible.
Monster Raving Looney Party= now seem almost credible :rolleyes:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I vote because my old grandad used to tell me how people fought for democracy and the right to vote so I will always make the effort to vote. Right now, I'd probably still vote to keep what we currently have/Tory mainly as in my limited, I admit, political knowledge I think they are slowly bringing the country out of its downward spiral and things are beginning to turn around and also, for me bringing labour back would be a big mistake + there are no realistically electable parties

bernster

Sep 5, 2012
ye olde east sussex
Agree with that. Voting should be compulsory IMO

voting should only be compulsory if there is an option for "none of the above" on the ballot paper.low turnout is not just down to apathy.many people are fed up with the whole lot of them.as it stands my guess is for a minority labour gov propped up by the celtic nats

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here