Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whatsapp Virus alert

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
If you get an email that purports to be from Whatsapp and includes a VoiceMail DO NOT OPEN IT !!!!!

It contains a very nasty Virus, and the nice man from Norton and I have just spent 2 hours and £65 getting rid of it!!!

That is all.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If you get an email that purports to be from Whatsapp and includes a VoiceMail DO NOT OPEN IT !!!!!
Some more advice:

Don't open any file from someone you don't know, or a file without explanation from someone you do know (if it looks suspicious, as if their email has been hacked and sent rubbish to everyone in their contact list).

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Some more advice:

Don't open any file from someone you don't know, or a file without explanation from someone you do know (if it looks suspicious, as if their email has been hacked and sent rubbish to everyone in their contact list).

Another little tip is to check the time the E-mail arrived. I have saved myself big problems by not opening mail that had arrived at 5.30 am purportedly from a pal in East Worthing.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Another little tip is to check the time the E-mail arrived. I have saved myself big problems by not opening mail that had arrived at 5.30 am purportedly from a pal in East Worthing.

That was me after a night on the sniff Veg.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me

It contains a very nasty Virus, and the nice man from Norton and I have just spent 2 hours and £65 getting rid of it!!!

That is all.

How did you get rid of it? I'm trying to get it off my system at the moment. Really annoyed with myself for opening it!!

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
There's a nasty little Pay Pal one doing the rounds as well

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
How did you get rid of it? I'm trying to get it off my system at the moment. Really annoyed with myself for opening it!!

It took a call to Norton and several hours work by them to eradicate it.

Btw the email was sent to my iPhone but I opened it on my laptop.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
I believe so

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I got an email from the heir to a Nigerian fortune. He just needs to borrow my bank account for a couple of weeks whilst he gets his shit together. He's then going to give me a couple of mill for my troubles......I'll see you lot on the other side! Adiós suckers!

:facepalm:

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
I got an email from the heir to a Nigerian fortune. He just needs to borrow my bank account for a couple of weeks whilst he gets his shit together. He's then going to give me a couple of mill for my troubles......I'll see you lot on the other side! Adiós suckers!

:facepalm:

That's very peculiar. A Nigerian heir also contacted me a few weeks ago requesting the very same thing - I wonder if it's the same one? I'm still waiting for my 2.5 million, but all this makes me a little suspicious now! ;)

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
Can anyone tell me the cheapest way to hire a plane from the Philippines? It appears that several of my friends have flown there recently without telling anyone and are now stuck without the money to get back!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here