Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

$100,000 for being honest.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
James burst into the public eye this week after he flagged down police at the South Bay shopping center in Dorchester, where he noticed a backpack that had been left near an overturned shopping carriage.

The backpack, containing $2,400 in cash, nearly $40,000 in travelers checks, and a passport, had been left behind by a visiting student from China. The student and his money were quickly reunited, and James received a citation of appreciation Monday from Police Commissioner Edward F. Davis, who commended James for an “extraordinary show of character and honesty.”

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...ss-man-tops/OoQjAFDnuO9NtppWE4DNSJ/story.html

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Its great what he did, and well deserving of a reward, but surely people could think of a more deserving cause than contributing to a fund that has already reached a large figure.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Its great what he did, and well deserving of a reward, but surely people could think of a more deserving cause than contributing to a fund that has already reached a large figure.

Yeah..like me.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
stat,do you ever do any work or just trawl the internet looking for newspaper articles to post on NSC? not having a go, just curious :)

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
stat,do you ever do any work or just trawl the internet looking for newspaper articles to post on NSC? not having a go, just curious :)
I'm a postman!!

If it's American it comes from just the one source.
If it's cycling related that's from Twitter (and usually on geeks).
If it's sport stats that's from Sporting Intelligence, which I luuuurve.

and if it's interesting/debatable I'll sling it on here, Husty enjoys it even if nobody else does!

I was going to do the 'Gus on TV thread' and subvert it with a YouTube clip of a monkey feverishly masturbating, but that was pretty graphic and I wasn't sure what Google would think.
So I guess it's better if I let others do the trawling.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Postman = work = nice stroll round the neighbourhood putting a few unwanted leaflets through a couple of letterboxes = home by lunch = plenty of time to trawl internet = c19,000 posts on here ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Postman = work = nice stroll round the neighbourhood putting a few unwanted leaflets through a couple of letterboxes = home by lunch = plenty of time to trawl internet = c19,000 posts on here ?
Can't really argue with that, just a couple of points of order:-

1) Home for a LATE lunch, these days.
b) It's about 500 letterboxes.
&
3) It seems like it's only stopped pi$$ing down a few weeks ago, and it's started again already, probably till June.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here