Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Commuters beware... London Bridge

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Emergency engineering works outside London Bridge, most Brighton / Coastway services cancelled already, or starting from East Croydon.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
3 lines out of 4 shut until further notice - travel via Victoria if possible, TFL accepting tickets. FCC avoiding London Bridge but will make additional stops at Elephant and Castle to connect to the Northern Line to London Bridge.

Must be more than the usual broken rail or signal issue to shut 3 of the lines.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Oh FFS, this better be sorted by 5.30

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles
I'm assuming (read hoping) that this won't affect routes not travelling to London in the south?

Had to wait an extra 30 minutes for my train to ****ing Hassocks yesterday. Ridiculous.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne

HIGHLY unlikely it shall be, id look at an alternative route now.

I'm assuming (read hoping) that this won't affect routes not travelling to London in the south?

Had to wait an extra 30 minutes for my train to ****ing Hassocks yesterday. Ridiculous.

From London Bridge, there is no direct service to Brighton or pretty much anywhere now except a limited service to Caterham. London Victoria services are unaffected though.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

:laugh:

Even if they've fixed whatever has broken this time the pack of cards that is the rail network in the South East will mean they can still legitimately claim a delay from 3 week previous was still having a knock on effect!

I'm getting a ton of alerts from National Rail telling me all of my trains home are cancelled when in reality they are cancelled from London Bridge and starting at East Croydon. WHICH IS VERY DIFFERENT to being cancelled!! It's the blind leading the deaf!

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
I'm buying a ****ing car and ****ing driving to work in future.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
:laugh:

Even if they've fixed whatever has broken this time the pack of cards that is the rail network in the South East will mean they can still legitimately claim a delay from 3 week previous was still having a knock on effect!

I'm getting a ton of alerts from National Rail telling me all of my trains home are cancelled when in reality they are cancelled from London Bridge and starting at East Croydon. WHICH IS VERY DIFFERENT to being cancelled!! It's the blind leading the deaf!

I know, I know but I can hold on to some hope. The question is do I STROLL along to Blackfriars and squeeze onto an FCC train or tube it to Victoria?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Looks carnage now. I'm going to leave the office in a sec and head to Victoria I think

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
It's days like this and Snowathon 2013 that I thank the lord I don't do London - Brighton anymore.

Good luck to y'all.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I know, I know but I can hold on to some hope. The question is do I STROLL along to Blackfriars and squeeze onto an FCC train or tube it to Victoria?

Just at Farringdon now. I reckon get on here or City Thameslink and you might even get a seat.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

Southern have already announced the 19:08 on my line is starting from EC so I'm not sure if I admire or pity your hope. :thumbsup:

If it's the choice of cramming on to an overland train or a tube I personally would go for the overland. Also I work at Blackfriars (but very rarely use it as I prefer the stroll along to LB of a morning/evening) so it's a bit of a no brainer for me.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Just at Farringdon now. I reckon get on here or City Thameslink and you might even get a seat.

Actually City Thameslink is a good call, not much further to walk than Blackfriars :thumbsup:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here