Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Co-working spaces

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Anyone else use such places? If so where?

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Isn't that an office? Or is it an office for people who work from home? In my case, the pub.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
My co-working space is at home on a Friday (nearly always)

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Wait for greyseagull - he works at the Worthing one.

I've done one in Horsham a few times - it's only a fortnightly thing but they're looking for possible permanent spots.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
The Pub is perfect for my non customer days. It has free wi - fi, no kids and steady supply of diet coke and bar snacks, sky news and toilets. It's the way forward

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
In Amerika probably.

'Co-working' is not UK terminology really, any more than FirstResponder, SchoolProm or BabyShower.

The 3 I have used in the UK all this term. What else would they call themselves?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's known as Hot Desking here in OZ - a much sexier term !

Hot desking is different:

Hot desking: Hot desking is an office organization system which involves multiple workers using a single physical work station or surface.

Co-working: Coworking is a style of work that involves a shared working environment, often an office, and independent activity. Unlike in a typical office environment, those coworking are usually not employed by the same organization.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Wait for greyseagull - he works at the Worthing one.

I've done one in Horsham a few times - it's only a fortnightly thing but they're looking for possible permanent spots.

The only sensible post. Thank you.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Oh yes, the butler and gardener

Co-working is about working with others, what you described is working from home.

The reason I asked is that I have been experimenting with a mobile office recently. All I need to operate is my iphone, ipad and laptop plus a little external keyboard. All of this fits into a small case. And co-working places enable me to travel around, see places and friends but still work as normal. Seems I'm on my own though.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Co-working is about working with others, what you described is working from home.

The reason I asked is that I have been experimenting with a mobile office recently. All I need to operate is my iphone, ipad and laptop plus a little external keyboard. All of this fits into a small case. And co-working places enable me to travel around, see places and friends but still work as normal. Seems I'm on my own though.

But isn't that like Regus where you rent a desk ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This is going really well.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This is going really well.

What I'm interested in is why you're considering this now as I always thought you were fine with working at home. Have you found that having some non-colleagues in close attendance is actually OK?

D

Deleted member 18477

Don't understand? I think I co-work... All I need is a laptop and phone to do my job... I have a main office but also work in other offices of my organisation with other people and also work from home sometimes...

Edit. No I don't co work. Everyone in the environments I use are from my organisation only!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here