Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dobbie on loan to Blackpool now

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
:facepalm: Why did they pay the money for him? Was it mandatory?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Yes, that was the deal

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
When they get relegated he will slip back into their championship squad next season nicely.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
:facepalm: Why did they pay the money for him? Was it mandatory?
Yep. He helped them reach the playoffs, so by a stroke of luck, it was money well spent.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
When they get relegated he will slip back into their championship squad next season nicely.

Not if Blackpool want to buy him in January :lol:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I have a theory about Palace and their transfer signings. We know they bid for 4 Brighton players for instance. I reckon they basically made a list of the top 4 or 5 players at every Championship club and then the also-rans in the Premiership and made bids (or at least enquiries) on ALL of them and then waited to see who came back to them. I really can't believe they targeted anyone specifically, they way that some of the dealings were done. I think that Parish, quite rightly expected Holloway to have some sort of idea how it worked and he's let Parish down.

Maybe because they had no clue about where exactly to pitch the offers and who would respond. I suspect that the January window will see a clear-out and a more ordered approach to their transfers when they've found their feet a little. By then, I think Holloway will have gone or close to being sacked. If they're not too far adrift in the bottom pack and they pick someone less flaky then they could just about stay up but if they stick with Holloway then he'll take them straight back down.

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
I have a theory about Palace and their transfer signings. We know they bid for 4 Brighton players for instance. I reckon they basically made a list of the top 4 or 5 players at every Championship club and then the also-rans in the Premiership and made bids (or at least enquiries) on ALL of them and then waited to see who came back to them. I really can't believe they targeted anyone specifically, they way that some of the dealings were done. I think that Parish, quite rightly expected Holloway to have some sort of idea how it worked and he's let Parish down.

Maybe because they had no clue about where exactly to pitch the offers and who would respond. I suspect that the January window will see a clear-out and a more ordered approach to their transfers when they've found their feet a little. By then, I think Holloway will have gone or close to being sacked. If they're not too far adrift in the bottom pack and they pick someone less flaky then they could just about stay up but if they stick with Holloway then he'll take them straight back down.

God I hope so, all that last day panic buying was hilarious then hoping all these new stars are going to gel in the coming weeks,bring it on.:thumbsup:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
God I hope so, all that last day panic buying was hilarious then hoping all these new stars are going to gel in the coming weeks,bring it on.:thumbsup:

I was saying to a Palace mate that Parish must look at that French lad's wages and think - we could have spent that on the Arthur Waite stand. Every manager will make bad signings but Holloway needs to have a few of his 16 come good and I really don't see where. All the talent at Palace is homegrown or already there thanks to Freedman. And as much as it pains me to say it I've got to respect Parish for being quite determined to develop the infrastructure and be much more careful about the expenditure. He is a different sort of chairman to Goldberg and Jordan.

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
I was saying to a Palace mate that Parish must look at that French lad's wages and think - we could have spent that on the Arthur Waite stand. Every manager will make bad signings but Holloway needs to have a few of his 16 come good and I really don't see where. All the talent at Palace is homegrown or already there thanks to Freedman. And as much as it pains me to say it I've got to respect Parish for being quite determined to develop the infrastructure and be much more careful about the expenditure. He is a different sort of chairman to Goldberg and Jordan.

:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

:facepalm:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Just because Ian Holloway is at Palarse, it doesn't make him a bad manager. He kept Blackpool in the Premier League that first season, and with luck on his side he may manage to do the same thing at Palace. I wouldn't bet against them staying up.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Just because Ian Holloway is at Palarse, it doesn't make him a bad manager. He kept Blackpool in the Premier League that first season, and with luck on his side he may manage to do the same thing at Palace. I wouldn't bet against them staying up.

No he never

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

I thought they went down, gallantly?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Well if that's the case then l stand corrected, but either way just because he is at the helm of our arch enemy it doesn't make him a bad manager does it!

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Well if that's the case then l stand corrected, but either way just because he is at the helm of our arch enemy it doesn't make him a bad manager does it!

They finished 19th in their first and only season but done far better than expected and also played some nice football at times.

He is certainly not a bad manager, but I do worry about his ability as an all round manager. He is good if he has good attacking players and I do worry that attack is all he knows. But he has a great record of getting teams promoted so cannot be a bad manager.

So far so good in the PL, we have not been beaten as badly as many people thought

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
They finished 19th in their first and only season but done far better than expected and also played some nice football at times.

He is certainly not a bad manager, but I do worry about his ability as an all round manager. He is good if he has good attacking players and I do worry that attack is all he knows. But he has a great record of getting teams promoted so cannot be a bad manager.

So far so good in the PL, we have not been beaten as badly as many people thought

You realise football existed before the premierleague/premiership right? Blackpool have spent almost 30 seasons of their history in England's top flight.

Agree with you about Hollaway though, he's a decent manager.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
If Swansea's performance at the Mestalla yesterday was anything to go by Holloway will be having his vocal behind handed to him on Sunday afternoon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here