Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

6 toughest away games in the Championship?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Of course this can vary during a season depending on form but I reckon we've done 3 of the current 6

QPR, Reading, Leeds

The others, imo, are Watford, Leicester and Nottingham Forest. Just maybe Wigan might edge Leeds out of the top 6

Fair?

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Wigan have had a tough time at home this year haven't they, Middlesbrough and Donny both got draws there I think?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Not convinced by Leeds.

QPR, Reading, Watford, Wigan, Leicester. Can't make my mind up out of Blackpool or Ipswich for the last spot.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Leicester, Forest, Leeds, Derby, Blackpool & Watford.

Blackpool? Based on what, current form? How is Blackpool away tougher than QPR, Wigan & Reading? Fair call on the others, although if you are basing on current form then Watford shouldn't be there

What makes a tough away game? And what order? Fans, stadium, quality of team, style of team play?

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Not convinced by Leeds.

QPR, Reading, Watford, Wigan, Leicester. Can't make my mind up out of Blackpool or Ipswich for the last spot.

I think Charlton have slipped under everyone's radar, but they tend to do well at home.

Plus not many teams will fancy Yeovil away, but perhaps a completely different set of standards to judge that apart from the others.

Sussex By The Sea
Jul 21, 2011
Not convinced by Leeds.

Agree with this.

100% Blackpool. esp. when it's raining.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What makes a tough away game? And what order? Fans, stadium, quality of team, style of team play?

Chances of coming away with something better than a defeat first and foremost?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Agree with this.

100% Blackpool. esp. when it's raining.
Blackpool in the shitting cold and rain, miles from home on that pitch will be horrendous. But then McCarthy is doing at Ipswich what he does so well wherever he goes - turning a Championship team into a hard team to beat and making the home ground a fortress.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
isnt it too early to say? this time last year you might have put Wolves in such a list.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I don't think Leeds will finish much above mid table.

6 for me would be QPR, Reading, Forest, Leicester, Boro and Blackburn

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Whooaaaa ... Bournemouth will be anything but easy. Average at best away, but great at home.

Not necessarily easy, but I think we'll win there - they'll play a game that suits our style, and the gap in terms of individual quality should see us get the win. Now I've said this, however...

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Leicester, Forest, Leeds, Derby, Blackpool & Watford.

Blackpool? Meh. They even got turned over by Millwall. Ince is their only threat, if he has a bad game they're mid table merchants IMO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here