Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Was JFC’s goal at QPR unfairly disallowed?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
On watching the highlights I was shocked to not see any reason for Jake’s perfectly good goal to be disallowed. There was no offside and there was no infringement in our passage of play.

Just seems harsh, for all that hard work the team put in last night, we did the job and got a bad decision against us. I'm not saying we would have won but QPR would have been forced to press and would have left themselves more open to us scoring a second.

Does anyone else have a view on this disallowed goal?

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
I've not seen the highlights but the ref was a disgrace so don't be too surprised.

I didn't see the Barnes shove at the time but the officials were clearly blind except on that one occasion.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Definite Barnes push... You could see it clearly and we were at the other end of the pitch. No arguments here

I think Barnes shoved someone if I recall correctly.

I've looked at it several times on the player, and the QPR commentary on it laughed out how soft it was if anything even happened at all. The exact words were Brighton may think themselves a little unlucky to have been penalised.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Just watched the highlights on Player - definite shove by Barnes.

I've not seen the highlights but the ref was a disgrace so don't be too surprised.

I didn't see the Barnes shove at the time but the officials were clearly blind except on that one occasion.

Ref was alright. He got the big decisions right apart from when he should have booked Barton for deliberate handball that would have been his second yellow. As usual it always appears that the opposition are getting the rub of the green - but that's because we are biased.

A guy near me was constantly doing his nut at the referee , which was funny because the decisions which upset him were minor.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Ref was alright. He got the big decisions right apart from when he should have booked Barton for deliberate handball that would have been his second yellow. As usual it always appears that the opposition are getting the rub of the green - but that's because we are biased.

A guy near me was constantly doing his nut at the referee , which was funny because the decisions which upset him were minor.

That was probably me. I reckon we were at different games mate, he was pony.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak

You mean the same ref whose brother officiated the Millwall game at the Amex? now you DO surprise me!

briref

Aug 12, 2008

Deliberate handball is not an automating caution.

Deliberate handball is not an automating caution.

Then he had an even better game than I thought.

Should Barton have been booked for carrying the ball, when it was an Albion goalkick, 40 yards towards the centre circle and dropping it so he could get back into position ?

briref

Aug 12, 2008
Then he had an even better game than I thought.

Should Barton have been booked for carrying the ball, when it was an Albion goalkick, 40 yards towards the centre circle and dropping it so he could get back into position ?

a case could be made for time wasting/un sporting
was Barton on the receiving end of some bad decisions - or was mark bright talking more shit

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Really

He should have booked Barton very early when he took the ball right up the pitch, the biggest joke was when Calde was fouled in the corner by us, play on waved the ref, we took out one of their players near the centre circle and the ref played on again. And as for the lineman on the left hand side :facepalm: he only put his flag up after Austin missed that sitter to make him feel better, if he had scored I don't think the flag would have gone up.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
There was an incident in the first half where one of ours was shaping to shoot and appeared to have his legs taken away. Ref waved play on. Anyone else get a better view of it?

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Didn't see anything much in it on the highlights tbh. Think we were a bit unlucky

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
There was an incident in the first half where one of ours was shaping to shoot and appeared to have his legs taken away. Ref waved play on. Anyone else get a better view of it?

If that was when Andrews was pulled back just as he was shaping to shoot after a good few passes to set it up, then yes but I only heard it on Player. Commentators were 100% sure it was a free kick but it wasn't given.

If I'd still been listening on 5 live then it would probably have been a great tackle if the commentator had even seen it and wasn't looking on the floor for his stopwatch

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here