Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jordan impressed by Albion defence [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Jordan impressed by Albion defence[/h]11:00am Thursday 19th September 2013 in Albion By Brian Owen
2642940.jpg
They think it's all over - but Albion cut short the cheers of QPR fans behind the goal by clearing this off the line
Joe Jordan has praised Albion’s defensive performance at Loftus Road.
But the QPR first team coach reckoned his side made life far tougher for the Seagulls than Reading did at the weekend.
Albion are unbeaten in five matches after 0-0 draws at the Madejski Stadium on Sunday and in West London against the new Championship leaders last night.
Jordan felt QPR could have ended that run after denying their visitors possession for long periods.

MORE:

He said: “I watched them at the weekend at Reading and they dominated possession, although the game was ruined by a little bit by a player getting sent off from each team.
“We certainly didn’t want that to happen and it didn’t happen.
“Brighton didn’t in any way control the tempo of the game – we did that.
“What they did to their credit was they sat in and made it very difficult for us.
“I thought we had some good chances but we needed to take that chance.
“If you take that chance and you score that goal, then the game changes.
“The way the other team takes part in the game changes as well.
“But, as it remained 0-0, I think they were quite happy to see it that way.”
Jordan had no complaints at referee Andy Madley waving play on when Albion scrambled the ball off their goal-line in the second half.
He said: “I think it was on the line. They (the QPR players) never really made any comment about being denied a goal.
“I just hoped there would be someone who would react to the opportunity and put it in like Charlie (Austin) did at the weekend.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here