Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How do you pass on tickets if you cant make a game?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I can't make it Saturday as I have a friends wedding and people I would normally pass my ticket onto are already going.

I assume selling it back to the club is going to be pretty pointless due to it not being a big game.

Is there anywhere else you can do this these days?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Hopefully somebody will PM you with a suggestion

;-)

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Well in the old days you used to be able to advertise it on here through the Ticket Exchange, but Barber (in one of the few decisions where I've totally disagreed with him) decided that this was costing the club far too much money; the (incorrect) assumption being that if you were getting a cheap ticket from here then you weren't buying a full-price one from the club.

But now of course you're not allowed to say you can't go and that anyone interested should PM you so that you can arrange something.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Well if I cant sell it anywhere I might as well just give it away to someone.

I'd rather my seat didnt go to waste. although now it wont go to an Albion fan.

Strange move by barber, surely it would be better for the club to set up a ticket selling website where they can cream part of the money off with a transaction fee or something along those lines.

Id happily sell my ticket for £15 and let the club take back the rest.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
If I can't make a game, I give my tickets to friends who have children. There is a whole generation of Brighton kids who don't know what they are missing.

The first year at the Amex, i gave my ticket to a friend with a 10 year old neither of whom who had ever been interested. They did 4 or 5 matches last season and look like doing more this.

Last edited:

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Well if I cant sell it anywhere I might as well just give it away to someone.

I'd rather my seat didnt go to waste. although now it wont go to an Albion fan.

Strange move by barber, surely it would be better for the club to set up a ticket selling website where they can cream part of the money off with a transaction fee or something along those lines.

Id happily sell my ticket for £15 and let the club take back the rest.

They DO have that - but only when the match sells out. Otherwise they are losing out because if you are going to pay full price for a ticket then they (understandably) want all the money as opposed to having to share it with the original STH.

I can see why they do it like that, but stopping STHs from privately selling tickets when they can't go isn't making them any extra money. Cheapskate casual fans like me aren't interested in paying full price for a ticket for a bog-standard league game against bog-standard opposition and will only go if we get a deal!

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
I can't make it Saturday as I have a friends wedding and people I would normally pass my ticket onto are already going.

I assume selling it back to the club is going to be pretty pointless due to it not being a big game.

Is there anywhere else you can do this these days?

I've sent you a PM:thumbsup:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Leave them in a pink envelope in a telephone box at the top Of St. James St at PRECISELY 10.00am on matchday.Mark the envelope "the geese are flying backwards" speak to no one. Do not look back.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Leave them in a pink envelope in a telephone box at the top Of St. James St at PRECISELY 10.00am on matchday.Mark the envelope "the geese are flying backwards" speak to no one. Do not look back.

That's how I've always got mine.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here