Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Moan about the Albion's performances ? - How very dare you !

OK. I was on holiday for Milwall, but that one aside, I think I can count on my fingers the number of game I have missed over the past 4 years, so that also includes our amazing season when we won league one by a mile.

Quite simply, I have not seen us play better than we have in the last 2 away games.

If some didn't need reminding, these two games have been away from home at what the bookies made clear first and second favourites to romp this league.

Also, you won't need reminding, these performances have been with suspensions and injuries to key players.

The coming weeks when our games are not against premiership teams with colossal names on colossal money will surely see us reap our rewards.

We have a great squad and can look forward to some more of our star players becoming available..

I cringe when I see the negative comments on here and on the Albion's Facebook page. These people are clearly a secret recipe short of a KFC or have simply not been to the games.

Take the goon that said the Oscar song was shit at Reading...... I'm sorry if it didn't sound great whilst listening to Radio Sussex in MW on your walkman, but it sounded bloody excellent at the stadium.

I hope I have made my point.

Let's fill the Amex on Saturday. The weather is looking good. It has the potentional for a big victory - still a good number of seats available, so tell your friends, or maybe come along and witness a Barnes hatrick and hear the new (brilliant) Oscar song for yourself......

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
We are looking a lot stronger with Keith in the middle, but he is playing so deep that his goalscoring threat is nullified. Once we get Bridders back in the Bridcutt role and push Andrews on a bit, we will be flying.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Leeds (a) - unlucky, good performance

Birmingham (a) - good performance

Reading (a) - good performance

QPR (a) - good performance

Burnley (h) - good performance

Millwall (h) - slightly disappointing

Derby (h) - disappointing, but blatant handball missed by ref. Ward has joined since then.

A good start, all in all, perhaps not quite got the points we deserve.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Agreed. And when we’ve got Bridcutt, Orlandi and Ulloa back we’ll be so good I actually think it might be a bit UNFAIR on our opponents.

Still looking good for my top 2 prediction.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I feel like I'm the only one who's really looking forward to the return of CMS. His first touch may not be the best, but the thought of someone with his pace and agility supporting Leo is exciting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

theboybilly

With my shifts it's very difficult to get to away games but I'm on a little 3-match run that culminates at Ipswich in 9 days' time. That match holds no fear for me now. I have been wonderfully impressed by the displays at Reading and last night at Loftus Road. Both homes sides were made to look desperate in their attacking and both home sets of supporters were kept very quiet (easy at Reading I know). Andrews is a revelation but for me the key has been the performance of Ward- the interception in the first half at Reading was top-class.
Bring on Saturday and that 'Oscar' song

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I feel like I'm the only one who's really looking forward to the return of CMS. His first touch may not be the best, but the thought of someone with his pace and agility supporting Leo is exciting.

I am too - ok, he may not have fulfilled the potential that we all thought he would (whether that's our own inflated expectations or his reputation is neither here nor there) but i think he does a great job for us and would be a great foil for Ulloa - CMS has needed someone like him to play off for a while (if we play two up top) or if we need a different plan.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Leeds (a) - unlucky, good performance

Birmingham (a) - good performance

Reading (a) - good performance

QPR (a) - good performance

Burnley (h) - good performance

Millwall (h) - slightly disappointing

Derby (h) - disappointing, but blatant handball missed by ref. Ward has joined since then.

A good start, all in all, perhaps not quite got the points we deserve.

Having been to Leeds (A) Birmingham (A) Burnley (H) and Millwall (H) I can see the quality of the squad and playing style has improved overall.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003

i totally agree.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton

Always assuming, of course, that he hasn't lost any of his pace and agility. Let's hope not.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Excellent OP. It takes time for a manager to get to grips with a new league and new players, and I'm impressed how well we're playing.
I feel like I'm the only one who's really looking forward to the return of CMS.
You're not. It would be nice to see him playing along side Ulloa.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
What a refreshingly positive thread on the Albion, sometimes I find the music threads are only enjoyable thing about NSC but this is more like it. Wish I could be there to see the new Oscar game plan taking shape - I fear Seagulls Player highlights ain't doing it justice.....

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I know we have injuries at the moment along with Ulloa's suspension, but we need a lot more than one shot on target. Our defence have proved their worth, the midfield is shaping up nicely but we need to score goals to win games (stating the obvious)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think a top 6 spot is there for the taking, but ultimately we need to score some goals and put away the lesser teams. To put it into perspective, drawing at Reading and QPR has more-or-less only made up for not beating Millwall - three points from one home game and two aways (where in each case the home team was resounding favourite) was about par for the course.

This was our achilles heel last year and cost us automatic promotion, and it will be much the same this year, except I don't really think a top 2 spot is attainable this time round. But top 6 is, and to make it, we can't afford to drop points at home against the likes of Millwall, and now Bolton this Saturday.

We need to be SPANKING teams like Bolton, Yeovil and Sheff Wed :lolol: - we have got them all coming up before the end of October.

Eksman

Aug 9, 2012
On the toilet
Well said I completely agree, it's all positives right now except our unfortunate list of injuries which hasn't stopped the team playing excellent football. Roll on Saturday lets make some NOISE!!!! :albion2:

Having seen all home games but only QPR away - I was impressed last night by our work rate to close down the opposition when they have the ball. Especially in the first half when two or three Albion were onto the player in position before they crossed the halfway line - we tired second half and couldn't quite keep it up. However, I understand that this is a style Oscar has been working on to regain possession.

Have we done this in our other away games as I have not seen it done at home to the extent shown last night ?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

You are absolutely not. I am really looking forward to his first match back, and the reception he should get.

And as and when he scores a first come-back goal........ well.

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
I was interviewed at Half time for Sussex fm and they called me back at full time for a full match analysis. I couldn't praise the team enough after not only last nights performance but also Reading. I did say that drawing both games was, and this is only my opinion actually better than winning one and losing the other,mainly because of a non losing run. The team seem to have no fear of anyone and the confidence that Oscar has installed and the way they are playing is just a pleasure to watch. No doubt I will be shot down in flames by the NSC mafia with my views but hey ho.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here