Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boxing U turn re Froch vs Groves

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Prior to yesterday I was of the opinion that Groves would shock the boxing world and fighting a tactical fight mapped out by his trainer Adam Booth would be Froch on points, but with the news that they have parted so close to the contest I'm not sure he can do it now.

Something has gone seriously wrong here and I do wonder if Eddie Hearn has got anything to do with it? He promotes both fighters and Froch is still a cash cow to him and even with a defeat for Groves he would be young enough to come again.

Be interested to see what trainer Groves goes with now?

CheeseRolls

NSC Patreon
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Prior to yesterday I was of the opinion that Groves would shock the boxing world and fighting a tactical fight mapped out by his trainer Adam Booth would be Froch on points, but with the news that they have parted so close to the contest I'm not sure he can do it now.

Something has gone seriously wrong here and I do wonder if Eddie Hearn has got anything to do with it? He promotes both fighters and Froch is still a cash cow to him and even with a defeat for Groves he would be young enough to come again.

Be interested to see what trainer Groves goes with now?

You may be overlooking the obvious here, which is that Booth is concentrating everything on the Haye fight right now. This could just be all part of the mind games in the build up, as it is not clear who Groves is working with right now. It would be funny though if he teamed up with the Calzaghe's. I have a hunch he will be back with Booth in a few weeks time.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Strong rumours circulating that it is mind games from Booth and Groves. That being said I wouldn't blame George if he wanted another trainer. While Booth is undoubtedly a very talented trainer, especially strategically, almost all his effort will be going into the Haye v Fury fight. It's a similar situation Amir Kahn had with Freddie Roach when he was spending most of his time with Manny. That said I suppose the Haye fight is only 8 days away so it does seem odd timing, considering we have a good 9 weeks until the fight with Froch...

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Strong rumours circulating that it is mind games from Booth and Groves. That being said I wouldn't blame George if he wanted another trainer. While Booth is undoubtedly a very talented trainer, especially strategically, almost all his effort will be going into the Haye v Fury fight. It's a similar situation Amir Kahn had with Freddie Roach when he was spending most of his time with Manny. That said I suppose the Haye fight is only 8 days away so it does seem odd timing, considering we have a good 9 weeks until the fight with Froch...

I don't think Froch would care if Ginger McCain was training Groves, as mind games go I think it's a non starter but like you say having seen the body language from both of them I can still see it all being exposed as a ruse.

D

Deleted member 18477

Froch will smash Groves up!

Haye will destroy that chump Fury!

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
You can read his self-publicity here http://www.outboxuk.com/outbox_team_paddy.html

Seems a bit of an unknown in these parts

Paddy is German-Irish and works out of his gym in Swindon. His main role was probably during the Klitschko press conferences when he wound up Manny Steward by making accusations of illegal handwrapping and claiming he'd poisoned Wlad's drink before he entered the ring last time he got KTFO. He's pretty close to Adam so it doesn't really mean anything. Booth could just as easily be in George's corner on fight night.

Froch backers might like this:

[yt]Jpq_ZAhbRwU[/yt]

CheeseRolls

NSC Patreon
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I've lost interest in boxing since that chump Haye bottled it last week

I was going to watch a rerun of Denis Lebedev v Guillermo Jones on Saturday night, but my lad persuaded me to switch over for Match of The Day. I recorded the fight and watched it on Sunday. For anyone who hasn't seen this, it is an absolute old school classic. If you thought some of the Rocky scripts were far fetched try watching this one.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I was going to watch a rerun of Denis Lebedev v Guillermo Jones on Saturday night, but my lad persuaded me to switch over for Match of The Day. I recorded the fight and watched it on Sunday. For anyone who hasn't seen this, it is an absolute old school classic. If you thought some of the Rocky scripts were far fetched try watching this one.

Klitchko v Povetkin on TV on Saturday night plus the debut of Joshua on SKY but I don't know if I will bother watching when I get home from the match

CheeseRolls

NSC Patreon
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Klitchko v Povetkin on TV on Saturday night plus the debut of Joshua on SKY but I don't know if I will bother watching when I get home from the match

Povetkin has a good jab for a shortish heavyweight. Can he get close enough to Klitschko to find his range ? Seems unlikely. I'm not going to bust a gut to watch this one.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here