Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pressure mounting on Freedman and Bolton!

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Seem to be saying Brighton could be the last straw!

Can anyone who ever said anything along the lines of 'I don't mind us being relegated. It'll be fun in the championship' please just feck off? This is bloody miserable. We're watching shit players playing shit football and getting worried about a trip to bloody Brighton.

http://www.the-wanderer.co.uk/boards/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=24986&start=500

Gus mentioned a few times as well although majority don't think he has the experience to help them.

Oh yeah and thanks for Andrews quality player.

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?267207-Over-Rated-Managers

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Horrible club. Funny how their gob on a stick of a chairman isn't making so much noise about no relegation from the PL these days.
As for Freedman, a very annoying little man who it's good to see struggling. It's good to know that Palace in the PL must piss him off more than it does us!

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Will nevertheless be a challenging game for us on Saturday with Andrews unable to play due to his loan terms and Ward possibly injured, our lone striker etc etc etc.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
We owe Bolton a thrashing after dominating both games against them last season yet only taking one point from them.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Nailed on win for Bolton.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Zaha and Murray made Freedman look good take those two out of his Palarse side and they would been flirting with relegation.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I f*#cking HATE Bolton and always have since the late 80s. Their chairman, manager, wanky fans and jamminess for over a decade has fuelled that feeling.

I hope we absolutely batter them. BATTER them. And I would love it if they went down, almost as much as a relegation for Palace or a shit season in division 4 for Portsmouth.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I f*#cking HATE Bolton and always have since the late 80s. Their chairman, manager, wanky fans and jamminess for over a decade has fuelled that feeling.

I hope we absolutely batter them. BATTER them. And I would love it if they went down, almost as much as a relegation for Palace or a shit season in division 4 for Portsmouth.

I'm in this club. Them and Blackburn.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

I've always liked Rovers fans so I can't agree there, to be fair. It's a hangover from my student days.

Bolton though - the day they f**ck of back to where they belong, division 4 with the line being led by clodhoppers like Tony Philliskirk and 3,000 crowds, can't come soon enough.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I hope Ward's injury isn't too bad, or we may have just saved Dooogies job.

:(

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Nailed on win for Bolton.

Contrary to how the table looks, this is not a good time to be playing them imo. Worried. They seem to get oodles of luck against us too.

We need to fly at them from the off and not take a Gus like chess game attitude. make the crowd excited and worth an extra man. I feel Oscar may just play this way. Score early and sap their fragile confidence.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Even though it involved Palace going up...I must say, it is REALLY quite FUNNY when a manager leaves a club for another....only to see his former club go up whilst he is struggling with his new one. Oh DOOOOGIE.

My hindsight degree is coming in handy

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Go for the jugular and I can see them caving in. Seem to be lacking a bit of backbone and experience which rather ironically I think Andrews may have given them. There loss is our gain though.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

I don't mind Bolton, but can't stand Gartside.

His stupid idea about no relegation from the Premier League was a massive 2 figures to all league clubs including the albion.

The idea was flawed anyway.

A dodgy business man could have then acquired a PL team, fielded a pub side and taken the weekly beatings, while keeping the 60 million windfall for himself. Every year.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

His stupid idea about no relegation from the Premier League was a massive 2 figures to all league clubs including the albion.

A dodgy business man could have then acquired a PL team, fielded a pub side and taken the weekly beatings, while keeping the 60 million windfall for himself. Every year.

I'm sorry. Are you suggesting Phil Gartside's plan wasn't meticulous and thought through?

Last year we were doing some work on Greater Manchester clubs contribution to the local economy, and engaged with the professional football clubs to ask about their engagement with the local community. We had email responses from Man City and Stockport, but Bolton invited us to meet with Phil Gartside in person to discuss it. Then, two days before the scheduled interview, they sacked Owen Coyle. Nonetheless, Gartside still turned up for the interview and spent a good couple of hours telling us about the way in which he's running the club, the fight he had to go through to secure their new ground and the extent to which they get involved in the community (they run their own Institute of Sport).

I went into the meeting with a lot of pre-conceptions about Gartside, the vast majority of which were completely blown away. Yes he has Bolton Wanderers close to his heart, and I suspect the 'no relegation' idea was absolutely put forward with him thinking that it was in the best interests of his club. But he's obviously put a lot of time and effort into that football club, and I suspect that Tony Bloom would be equally myopic if put in his place.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Contrary to how the table looks, this is not a good time to be playing them imo. Worried. They seem to get oodles of luck against us too.

We need to fly at them from the off and not take a Gus like chess game attitude. make the crowd excited and worth an extra man. I feel Oscar may just play this way. Score early and sap their fragile confidence.

Who's going to get the goals for us? We're not going to do it firing high balls at Barnes all afternoon.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here