Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football Blogging Awards: Help make sure Brighton are represented

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Now, as someone with a blog, I am probably more interested in this than many NSC users but I think Albion fans are pretty well served in this area.

The Football Blogging Awards are open and I have voted for The Albion Roar in the Podcast category and absolutely BRILLIANT Goldstone Wrap in the New Blog category.

It is easy to vote, simply go to the award website at: www.footballbloggingawards.co.uk.

Twitter users can vote really easily by going to the categories page on there and then pressing the category they want to vote in (i.e. Podcast) and it automatically takes you to your Twitter. You then just need to fill in the Twitter name of who you are voting for. In these cases it is: @AlbionRoar for Podcast and @GoldstoneRapper for Best New. Voting on Facebook and by email is also pretty easy.

The chaps at Albion Roar do a great job every week and always have a good variety of guests, while the Goldstone Wrap is a unique blog which must take a lot of work and research. Easily one of the best I read.

So take a couple of minutes to vote for them.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Credit where it's due. Your series of Barber interviews completely peed over the Argus efforts.

Thanks. Much appreciated. I am the first to admit though that they did still leave a number of questions unanswered.

Goldstone Wrap is definitely my favourite Albion blog. But feel free to nominate mine if you see fit ( @NotWorthThat ). I guess in Club or New category?

People should DEFINITELY vote for Albion Road and Goldstone Wrap mind. I think the equally excellent We Are Brighton reached the final of one last year as well so people should be sure to give them a mention as well.

As I said, I think for the size of our club we are very well served in terms of websites, podcasts etc. Obviously first and foremost, we have NSC which has to be one of the best football forums around.

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I haven't read much of the Goldstone Wrap. I will be rectifying that later.

Despite fighting with Al on the school dinners thread I do like a cheeky bit of the Roar so off to vote for that shortly. And Not Worth That is excellent so don't do yourself down.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I haven't read much of the Goldstone Wrap. I will be rectifying that later.

Despite fighting with Al on the school dinners thread I do like a cheeky bit of the Roar so off to vote for that shortly. And Not Worth That is excellent so don't do yourself down.

Fighting? Pah - trading an honest set of opposing views...

If only someone would come on the Roar and do that.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Fighting? Pah - trading an honest set of opposing views...

If only someone would come on the Roar and do that.

Trading an honest set of opposing views it is!

I doubt we'd differ on the Albion much - enough anyway. You versus Kev the Rev on air I'd PAY to hear.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Trading an honest set of opposing views it is!

I doubt we'd differ on the Albion much - enough anyway. You versus Kev the Rev bare knuckles in a barn in somerset I'd PAY to watch.

Indeed.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Prompted by this thread (and The Goldstone Wrap following Brighton But Only At Home!) I found time this morning to finally do something I should have done ages ago and have a read of The Goldstone Wrap.

I only got in 30 mins reading before my daughter got bored of CBeebies and yet only got as far 12 September's post on Mick - sorry Michael - Robinson. There's a well researched update almost every day. Can't recommend it highly enough. I'm just sorry it took this long for me to give it a proper read. If you have any memories at all of the Goldstone (or are a youngster wanting to know what the fuss is about) go and have a read.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Voted for both of these quality websites :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here