Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Greer Backs Conway

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Gordon Greer is confident his compatriot Craig Conway will be a success on the south coast.Conway signed on a short-term loan last week and is in contention to make his Albion debut at QPR tonight, and Greer believes his fellow Scot's abilities will be a great addition to the Seagulls squad.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “Craig will do really well for us, he’s got great delivery and he’s hungry as well, which is great.
“As a player, you can’t ask for more than someone giving their all and he is desperate to do well, so it should be a really good signing for us.
“I've been away with him on a few Scotland trips and he’s a good lad. I spoke to him a few times about what he’s going to do and stuff like that and Brighton was never mentioned.
"Then when I came back to Brighton, we spoke about Craig - then we spoke to him and he was keen to come in.”
Scottish international Greer feels that Albion’s current squad is looking particularly strong, highlighting the arrivals of Stephen Ward and Keith Andrews.
“Wardy has got great experience, he’s played in the Premier League and he’s an international footballer as well. So to have him and Keith playing in the diamond has helped us a lot as there is more experience within the team.
“They bring that experience that we were maybe lacking before. Also on the ball, they’re really good footballers as well, so it’s added quality to the squad.”
Oscar Garcia’s side face a tough trip to Loftus Road tonight and Greer is expecting one of the season’s most challenging fixtures.*
conway-l229-1051973.jpg

“You can see that they’ve got a fantastic squad and as players you want to play against the best teams in the league, and QPR definitely have one of the best squads in the division, so it should be a really good game for us.
“When you look through the squad, it’s full of quality, so it will be a tough game for us. We’re going there with a game plan and hopefully we can implement it and get the right result.
“You never know what to expect in the Championship; it will be a tough game for us and all the boys are raring to go.
“It should be a close game and as I said, these are the games you look forward to and hopefully we can go there and put on a really good performance - but as I said, get the right result.”
David Lopez will be selling tickets in the Amex Stadium ticket office on Thursday, between 4.30pm and 5.30pm. Click here for more information about Spanish Day.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here