Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
qpr-l229-989946_478x359.jpg

PUBLISHED
11:32 18th September 2013
by Ferret
Jake Forster-Caskey will have his admirers at 22/1"
Ferret
Sunday was a prime example of why it pays to keep following the odds right up until kick-off.*

Although in my Friday update, I swerved the outright plays on the Reading v Brighton clash due to the lack of value, by the time kick-off approached there was an absolute stonker of a stand-out bet due to the way the odds had changed.Tonight sees another tricky away encounter for the Albion, and one that they are once again the underdogs for. SkyBet have installed QPR as their odds-on 5/6 favourites, with the Draw 12/5 and Brighton 3/1.
As with Sunday's game there is no immediate value there, but the odds may change as kick-off approaches.
In fact true value (i.e. overpriced odds) is hard to come by as SkyBet have certainly done their homework and, as a result, I have had to look deep down the odds lists.*
Kazenga LuaLua is 18/1 to notch the first goal and, given his performance on Sunday, it won't be long before he is on the scoresheet. It is rare to see LuaLua at this price and SkyBet may well have made a mistake here.
Elsewhere in the goalscorer lists, David Lopez at 14/1 offers some appeal (you may want to back Lopez for last goal to complement the LuaLua wager) while Jake Forster-Caskey will have his admirers at 22/1.
A negative bet offers a modicum of value. Brighton/QPR is 28/1 in the Half-Time/Full-Time category and that is overpriced. It's not a bad insurance either should the Seagulls get their noses in front at the break.
For those that follow me on Twitter (@BHAFerret), I strongly advised you to back the ‘Draw at 12/5’ with SkyBet at Reading. Those that did were rewarded with a decent payout to compensate for the earlier wagers backing goals.*
While I cannot always guarantee last minute value bets, it is certainly worth following my Twitter account in the build-up to the match as that is where any late breaking tips will surface.
Good luck and happy punting!

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here