Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gypsy Appreciation Tread

red star portslade

Jul 8, 2012
Hove innit
Let's show our appreciation of the travelling folk. Only yesterday morning I put an old dishwasher out meaning to take it to the tip when the wife got back with the car, but lo and behold by lunchtime our friendly neighbourhood travellers had been round with their big flat bed truck and taken it. They must have known it was my day off as they didn't knock to disturb me! You can't beat that for service.

It also meant I didn't have to go out in the pissing rain....Nice one Gypsies. Anyone else got any heart warming positive stories about the travelling community.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Theres a gang of Sinti Roma outside my place this morning stealing the road...cunningly disguised as city workers.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Some community spirited Gypsies took all the old lead off the church roof near mine last week. They must be having trouble sourcing good quality new lead though as they haven't been back to replace it yet.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Some community spirited Gypsies took all the old lead off the church roof near mine last week. They must be having trouble sourcing good quality new lead though as they haven't been back to replace it yet.
They have to get the money for their groupon ticket to Selhurst somehow.....

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
When I replumbed a house some years ago, they helpfuly removed all the lead piping and copper hot water cylinder from my driveway.
This helped me three ways :
1. saved me a trip to the scrappy
2. saved me a trip to the bank to pay in given to me by scrappy
3. saved me a hangover from spending some of the money on booze and a takeaway.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
When I replumbed a house some years ago, they helpfuly removed all the lead piping and copper hot water cylinder from my driveway.

:lolol:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
:lolol:
Learnt that lesson years ago when i left a copper cylinder outside a house and someone took it to the scrappy for me.

If i want to get rid of old radiators i always leave them outside the house im working in,
I think the record is 10 minutes from putting them out untill they get picked up

simon swagbag

Jul 8, 2003
Eastbourne
Amazing isn't it, you can leave an old mattress or crappy chest of drawers outside and it'll be gone in 10 minutes.

I always thought it must be the Wombles

I get the Wombles bit, but don't understand the mattress & drawers.
Could you elaborate please?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The chap with the digger who came to do our garden a few years ago still has an awful lot to thank gypsies for.

He once loaded his small JCB onto the back of a lorry, went back to load some more equipment and when he came back to his lorry, a crane lorry was half way up the road with his JCB on the back.

An act of kindness that meant he didn't need to take it back to his own depot, saving him time at the end of the working day.

And the good deed didn't end there - when the tracking device showed it's location to be a massive sprawling pikey site, it seemed the POLICE decided to trust these kind people to put the JCB back safely, as they wouldn't go on site to retrieve the digger. So the police saved themselves a trip too. Everyone was a winner!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I cannot thank the gypsies enough as they annoy the right wing little-Englanders more than I ever will be able to. Keep up the good work! :smile:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
i have heard of gypsies carrying out random acts of kindness such as removing wheelie bins , front gates , bicycles and in one heavily publicised incident , a brand new caravan from where they were cluttering up the landscape and taking them back to their own camping grounds to clutter up their own environs....sometimes particularly with the bicycles and front gates they actually prevent an eye sore by storing them inside their caravans.......when will these selfless , sensless ,random acts of human kindness cease....???

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
If I want some heather they are kind enough to ask me twice daily just incase I've forgotten that I might need some for something. It's even said by some to be lucky and if I don't buy it on a busy day they kindly leave me be in the thronging masses however on a quiet day they'll happilly brighten my day by waving arms around, glaring and providing a comedy 'curse'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here