• Yes, more than one

Votes: 18 12.1%
  • I am female - no don't wear any

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • I am female - just the one

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I am female - more than one

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • No rings on my fingers but I have them elsewhere - where?

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So are NSCers ring wearers? The wedding ring for men has made a comeback over the last 20 years or so, do you wear one or do you look like a heavy metal star with rings on thumbs and skull and cross bone type rings?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I'm pretty sure wedding rings for men have been popular for about 150 years. Anyway, men should only ever wear two items of jewellery, a decent, grown up watch and a wedding ring. Anything else is bit dodgy and no-one should ever, ever wear a pinky ring. It's very Arthur Daly.

Oct 25, 2003
I'm pretty sure wedding rings for men have been popular for about 150 years. Anyway, men should only ever wear two items of jewellery, a decent, grown up watch and a wedding ring. Anything else is bit dodgy and no-one should ever, ever wear a pinky ring. It's very Arthur Daly.

AMEN to that...looks bloody awful

I will also never, EVER be convinced about chains (necklaces) on men

also- bracelets

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
no,not even my wedding ring,so 80s,i took out my earrings when it became not cool,you know about 1995,
my mrs has a box full of gold i wont wear but will be handed down to my kids

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
I wear a wedding ring and a wristwatch. I used to wear rings, bracelets and pendants, but grew out of that phase in my early twenties.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003

Virtually no men seemed to wear them in the late 60's early 70's from my memory, rings yes, loads of them but not wedding rings generally from my memory.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Virtually no men seemed to wear them in the late 60's early 70's from my memory, rings yes, loads of them but not wedding rings generally from my memory.

Ah, very possible. I didn't pop my swede out until '77 so no authority at all.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Me? No, no rings at all. Never. Perish the thought.

Errr, anyone want to buy a pinky ring?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Worst combo ever: Pinky ring and a long pinky "coke shovel" fingernail.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Ah, very possible. I didn't pop my swede out until '77 so no authority at all.

Could be that most of the people I knew avoided getting married back in those days I guess, free love and all that :smile:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Wedding Ring since 1977 - July 9th, to be precise. Just that and a wristwatch.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Could be that most of the people I knew avoided getting married back in those days I guess, free love and all that :smile:

Ha! In general I think men have been more involved in the whole wedding thing since the 90's.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
No rings or jewellery at all, I DO LIKE PUTTING RUBBER BANDS AROUND WRIST AND ANKLES AND BACK IN THE EARLY EIGHTIES WORE A NICE CHERRY EAR RING DOWN TO SHERRYS FOR THE ELECTRIC NIGHT ON A THURSDAY???

Identity bracelet?

I bought one when I was about 16 I'll always remember my dad's quizzical question when he first saw it "what is that around your wrist?"

Me "it's an identity bracelet"

Dad "so are you having trouble remembering your name?"

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here