Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nooney - CCFC thread...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The major difference is that he's now playing in the Premier League so he is going to find the step up in quality hard until he learns to adjust or drops back down the to the Championship.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
The major difference is that he's now playing in the Premier League so he is going to find the step up in quality hard until he learns to adjust or drops back down the to the Championship.

agreed but his crossing at champ level was dreadful a lot as well

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
It wasn't that bad. Sometimes he was good but inconsistent. He was good at running at players and beating them.

4/10 would be decent + over played alot however I liked him as he did have moments of magic that were great to watch

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
The money we got for Noone was top business. He flatters for a few games then fails to deliver any end product for several months. Far inferior player to Orlandi who was his replacement.

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
I think he's an absolutely cracking guy, but I said from the start that in my opinion he's a fantastic league one player, who had a great start to the season 2011-12. He had a good pre season and the momentum carried him on for the first what l, 6 games? Was very frustrating to watch during his time with us and I was gutted we lost his character but delighted with the money we got for him

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
I'd take him back.

You aren't going to get a winger with his ability to beat a man, combined with perfect end product in the championship, it's a shame many people still think we will. They'd be playing top end Premiership football if so.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Indeed, selling Noone for what we did was a quality deal, anyone who watches him for half a season or so will quickly realize that whilst he does have good feet, the rest of his game is at best league 1 standard, the idea of him getting starts in the premiership is laughable.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I'd take him back.

You aren't going to get a winger with his ability to beat a man, combined with perfect end product in the championship, it's a shame many people still think we will. They'd be playing top end Premiership football if so.

LuaLua can beat his man just as well and has an infinitely better final ball, he also now defends. Conway is presumably a better winger than Noone seeing as he kept Noone out the squad last season.

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
I think he's an absolutely cracking guy, but I said from the start that in my opinion he's a fantastic league one player, who had a great start to the season 2011-12. He had a good pre season and the momentum carried him on for the first what l, 6 games? Was very frustrating to watch during his time with us and I was gutted we lost his character but delighted with the money we got for him

How come every time there's a thread about Craig Noone - everyone goes on about what a great guy he is. Who cares?

And he couldn't cross a road!

Lovely chap though!!!!!!!

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Well, whatever happens, the fact can never be changed that he laid on a sublime pass to William Buckley in the 98th minute against Doncaster Rovers - a move which I'm sure most of us can summon up into our minds at will. Lovely stuff.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
How much did we get for Noone in the end?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
Well, whatever happens, the fact can never be changed that he laid on a sublime pass to William Buckley in the 98th minute against Doncaster Rovers - a move which I'm sure most of us can summon up into our minds at will. Lovely stuff.

Very true, one of the best passes ever with the outside of his boot.......

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Is he in Cardiffs 25?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I believe there is an Albion fan on that thread stirring it up.

Final ball was dreadful most of the time but I miss the way he used to run at players opening up space...for a misplaced cross but occasionally a stunning goal from outside or on the edge of the box.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
4 goals in 59 appearances - VERY occasionally.

Noone couldn't hit a barn door if he was handcuffed to the handle.

I always try to remember the good time with ex players :smile:

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
The first post could almost be word for word taken from here 18 months ago!

I'm not sure I'd be all that thrilled about having him back, we only play one winger as it is & Kaz and Buckley would be ahead of him for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here