Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Given FFP and how Barber loves to save money....

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Is it really necessary for the players to stay in a hotel in London tonight?

I've never been convinced there is any correlation between staying over and better results away, but particularly when it is only bloody London.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Another moan at Barber ?

Maybe Bloom pays for this out of his own pocket, who knows ?

You don't though

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would have thought that they could have traveled up at lunch time tomorrow but in fairness the difference between a nights stay at the rate the get and an afternoon let is probably not a lot, just the meal tonight.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
This isn't a barber moan at all, I'm just simply asking the question.

Do London teams stay over when they play us?

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Getting the coach to QPR for a night game is always going to be a nightmare - you could get there too early and what would they do then? or get there late and have no time for preparation

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Partly team bonding exercise, partly preferable to herding cats on matchday, I'd have thought. Besides, they no doubt get corporate rates which is considerably less than me or thee would pay.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Isn't it better for the team to have a decent training session and get into a positive mindset than the possibility of a 2 or 3 hour journey on the team coach tomorrow afternoon ?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Good call on this one I think.

Perhaps we should worry more about our 2 year SHOCKING home midweek form.

If Oscar can actually get us to win a few midweek home games, then we'll go up.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
It also guarantees a nights sleep for them (no secret late night nandos run) with twins always used.

I am sure BBC sport did something on this. They control the pre evening meal signed off by the doc and nutritionist, do a post meal tactics / team line up session or opposition analysis in a conference room. Send them to their rooms (no alcohol available) a breakfast, training session, lunch, opposition review/team setup, rest, snack then bus to ground. Apparently some of the players rather like it because it gets them away from screaming kids (no broken sleep with feeds) and house work!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I would imagine it is an area that the club look to cut costs in though by getting good rates and such but, if I were in charge, I would leave the decision of when to travel up to the coaches and medical staff.

Team could kip down in a cardboard box outside the away club's ground every game this season and it wouldn't even register on an eight million quid deficit. The answer lies WAY elsewhere, probably in an accountant's office.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Maybe they can knock that cost off the match tickets? Deduct a few pence and we're talking.

Probably a lot easier with players living all over the place, rather than getting them to congregate back in Brighton.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Waste of money. Unless they're paying it for it themselves.

Which I doubt.

It's not that straight forward, is it?

One would deem it a waste of money if we lost. Even then, the exercise could have been positive if we lost e.g. 2-0 instead of 4-0. We'll never know. To quote the great Liam Brady...

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
It's not that straight forward, is it?

One would deem it a waste of money if we lost. Even then, the exercise could have been positive if we lost e.g. 2-0 instead of 4-0. We'll never know. To quote the great Liam Brady...

Spending the night in a hotel in London will make absolutely no difference at all. If we win a game of football, we'll have earnt it. If we lose the game of football, then they were better.

The night before doesn't affect. Psychology in football is over thought and being made complicated for the sake of doing so.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Is it really necessary for the players to stay in a hotel in London tonight?

I've never been convinced there is any correlation between staying over and better results away, but particularly when it is only bloody London.
Bore off you silly vendettas against bloom and barber are very very sad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here