Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mike Ashley Piece From The Mirror

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Christ, I read all of that. What a load of waffle.

In summary:

I went to Sports Direct shareholders meeting.
Mike Ashley didn't answer any of my questions.
He doesn't speak to journalists.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Rubbish article. I actually think there isn't any secret about Ashley because it's plain to see. He is a successful businessman because he controls costs. He buys cheap and sells for what the market will pay. But the key is buying cheap.

Kinnear will have been cheap. Getting Pardew would have been relatively cheap compared to the years of having the likes of Dalglish, Gullit, Bobby Robson, Sounness and Allardyce.

He brings in a whole team of cut-price Frenchmen in a wholesale, bulk-buy deal just like they're boxes of trainers from Thailand.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patreon
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Rubbish article. I actually think there isn't any secret about Ashley because it's plain to see. He is a successful businessman because he controls costs. He buys cheap and sells for what the market will pay. But the key is buying cheap.

Kinnear will have been cheap. Getting Pardew would have been relatively cheap compared to the years of having the likes of Dalglish, Gullit, Bobby Robson, Sounness and Allardyce.

He brings in a whole team of cut-price Frenchmen in a wholesale, bulk-buy deal just like they're boxes of trainers from Thailand.

One shrewd stunt he has pulled as a businessman is in his approach to brand management. He has bought up plenty of sports and fashion brand name rights from liquidators to use as in-store labels for Sports Direct, essentially sticking a label on some pretty basic goods.

Is his approach to Newcastle United the same thing ? Basically another brand in his portfolio, or is it a rich man's plaything ? When journalists can't get close enough to him to ask the most basic of questions, it is going to take a while for his true intentions to unravel.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
I like the fact that he has bought these brands Dunlop, Slazenger and Lonsdale. It makes it easier to spot supporters of Northern teams. :D

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here