Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best Enlish player since Gazza?

Who is the best English player since Gazza?

• Total voters

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Personally, I think Scholes is a shoe in but am interested to know what others think.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think Beckham may get a mention on this thread but my vote would go to Ashley Cole who seldom looks out of place on the world stage where most others fall flat on their faces. Beckham included on most occasions we progressed beyond the group stages.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Personally, I think Scholes is a shoe in but am interested to know what others think.

Sorry but any player that retires from International duty with England and then plays another 9 years for his club is not English...

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Sorry but any player that retires from International duty with England and then plays another 9 years for his club is not English...

fair point

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
As much as l would have loved to vote in the poll l can't. All terrific players, but all play in different positions, so who can say who is best?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

This is true, but the most ridiculous thing was that arguably one of the most technically gifted players England has produced was sidelined in his prime. Instead we had to watch 2 show ponies fail time after time to ever play together effectively.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i want it to be Scholes, but i belive midfielders should be able to competently tackle, so its Gerrard.

shame Joe Cole was blighted by injury, could have been a contender.

for the future, Wilshire and Oxlade-Chamberlian.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Jack Wilshire will be if he can stay fit and carry on progressing.

Scholes for me though on that list. Criminal that he kept getting shoved out on the left for England.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Have any, including Gazza, been as technically gifted as Glenn Hoddle though. ???

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Ashley Cole. EASILY the most consistent performer, has been superb in international tournament after international tournament. This shouldn't even be close.

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
Scholes. Countless pro's (including Xavi, Iniesta and Zidane) single him out as one of the best players they have played with or against.

Looking to the future this young Ross Barkley lad at Everton looks a huge talent.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Ashley Cole. EASILY the most consistent performer, has been superb in international tournament after international tournament. This shouldn't even be close.

No brainer from me too, full back in world football is a position that will expose you big time if you are not us to scratch. How many bad games has Cole had for England? ( I don't watch them all but I do watch the BIG ones and he has often looked the only world class player in the England side in those games imo)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here