Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good News at Last

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Indeed. Not bothered about Bruno personally as think he is not too much of an upgrade on Calde, if at all.

However, great news re Bridders. Just hope they don't rush him back too soon just to cover for Andrews against Bolton. Got a nasty feeling though that this season Oscar isn't going to have too much luck with injuries and suspensions. Based on nothing in particular but a gut feeling... I mean how obvious was it that something would happen to Ulloa!?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It's important that Conway is available too, as it gives us options up front.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Bruno was excellent when he first arrived, I don't see why he shouldn't get back to that quality of play again. At least I hope he can.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I think this will be Bruno's year. With his penchant for bombing forward and having a shot he's a perfect OG player.. having said that competition will be tough, Calde likes to have a go too. If only he'd found his shooting boots against Reading..

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Bruno is MILES better than Calde when fit and in form. Sadly, he has rarely been both those 2 things together. When he first joined him and Vicente were head and shoulders above the rest of our squad.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I wouldn't rush Bridcutt back for a few games. Ince can step into Andrews' place for Bolton

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Other than run himself into the ground, I don't see what Calde has done to warrant being dropped.

Sure if Bruno had even hinted at the form he arrived with, it would be a no brainer.
But he hasn't so why change.

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles
Other than run himself into the ground, I don't see what Calde has done to warrant being dropped.

Sure if Bruno had even hinted at the form he arrived with, it would be a no brainer.
But he hasn't so why change.

Not empty quoting. Dropping Calde for an out-of-sorts Bruno would be harsh. Very harsh. People talk about Bruno's form saying that he came in well and I agree. The problem I've had is he's been largely rubbish since September last year (Note that I did not say soley rubbish).

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Why "at last" ? Has there been loads of bad news?

I know not everything's perfect but you make it sound as though everything has been going wrong. If you aren't an optimist then you're supporting the wrong team!

I would count myself as a "glass half full" type of person. Yours must be overflowing.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've seen you say this at least five times over the past week. When Calde is inform he's miles better than Bruno, so it's kind of a irrelevant point.
and in general terms, I'd take an out of form Calde over an out of form Bruno.

Basically Bruno needs to be on his game to get a game.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That's pretty harsh, I think he's done well.
This theatre show is so bad it will probably run and run.

or

This theatre show...will probably run and run.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
1275114_679199378774693_1666386539_o.jpg

Going back to good news, on Saturday Kuszczak was saying he wanted to talk about a new contract, so appears to be happy to stay here at the end of the season.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Pretty much interchangeable Bruno & Calderon. For me though Calderon would just nick it on account of his (ok, occasional) knack of scoring us a get-out-of-jail goal. Fantastic to have them both available in the squad tho eh?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here