papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Bloody hell, 51 quid with 5 days to go!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
How's about this then (if I've resized the photo ok I'll add the rest in a minute):-

Attachments

• programme 002.jpg
    programme 002.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 239

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Attachments

• programme 003.jpg
    programme 003.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 172
  • programme 004.jpg
    programme 004.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 191
  • programme 005.jpg
    programme 005.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 181

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Is that the programme for the game where the Albion beat Chelsea for the one and only time?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Webb, Marsden, King, Wilkinson, Brett, Walker, Thompson, Farrell, Attwood, Smith, Wilkinson

Won 2-1 (1-0) in front of 23,580

That was the season we failed to apply for the FA Cup before the deadline expired, so we had to qualify and played rather a lot of FA Cup football...

Q1 12-0 vs Shoreham
Q2 7-1 vs Worthing
Q3 9-0 vs Hastings and St Leonards
Q4 4-0 vs Barnet
R1 2-1 vs Palace
R2 0-0, 3-2 aet vs Wrexham
R3 2-1 vs Chelsea
R4 2-1 vs Bradford PA
R5 2-2, 0-1 aet vs West Ham

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Once bid over £400 for a Grimsby Town v Wolverhampton Wanderers, 1939 FA Cup semi-final programme during a heavily drink induced Ebay-ing session. I've always wanted the programme as it's arguably one of if not the club's finest hour however it always commands a hefty fee due to a combination of its age and the fact that there's always strong interest from Manchester United fans as the game remains, to this day, the record attendance at Old Trafford.

Fortunately for me, I was outbid by a measly 50p a matter of seconds from the end. Fortunate because the wife would have (probably literally) killed me once she realised that I'd spent a few weeks' shopping money on some 70-odd year old, discoloured rag. I might have another dabble once the mortgage is paid off...

Interesting to see from that England v Scotland programme the the price of a ticket to see the Royal Tournament at Olympia (1s 6d) was LESS than the cost of a return rail journey from Marylebone to Wembley Stadium (1s 7d).

Allowing for inflation since 1932, the Royal Tournament ticket would cost £4.43 today, and the train ticket would be £4.67.

The real price of a return rail ticket today is £8.00, and tickets for the British Military Tournament at Earls Court start at £29.75 (plus booking fee).

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The Eng v Scot programme is in a huge box of mainly 1950's football and cricket memorabilia.

Basically my Dad's childhood and Nation Service days.
As well as programmes there's FA News booklets, felt bound FA season review, Cricketer magazines, scorecards, autograph books, and his school reports!!

They read identical to mine, and I got such a hard time from him for my lack of effort!! :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here