Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

QPR Pre-match pub recommendations

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I think we drank in the Duke of Cambridge, not far from Kensington Olympia, it was a cracking boozer, about 10 minutes walk from Loftus Road.

Anywhere within close proximity to Loftus Road is home fans only and I'd advise you to keep colours concealed.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
I think we drank in the Duke of Cambridge, not far from Kensington Olympia, it was a cracking boozer, about 10 minutes walk from Loftus Road.

Anywhere within close proximity to Loftus Road is home fans only and I'd advise you to keep colours concealed.

But we wear the same colours...

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London

I think you mean duchess of cambridge and that's in goldhawk road nowhere near Olympia.

In fact always interesting that when we play qpr people recommend kensington Olympia as a close station, its not !! It's a good 30 minute walk !!!

I would recommend the defectors weld on uxbridge road which is a semi trendy pub not too far from the ground. Wouldn't worry about wearing colours ; qpr fans are tame.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
The Duchess of Cambridge looks to be a decent shout. Tube from Victoria to Stamford Brook then a short walk up Goldhawk Rd. Then a 10-15 minute stroll up to Loftus Road.
Job done!

Good choice, take some change for the legendary jukebox.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Get there early enough and get in the springbok, isn't that what we did when we played them one Sunday a few years back ???

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
The Duchess of Cambridge looks to be a decent shout. Tube from Victoria to Stamford Brook then a short walk up Goldhawk Rd. Then a 10-15 minute stroll up to Loftus Road.
Job done!

More like 25 minute walk and Stamford brook is 1.5 miles from loftus road. Really don't think that pub warrants the trek!!!

If you want a real ale traditional boozer nearer the ground crown and spectre is a good shout

SussexHoop

Dec 7, 2003
For a serious suggestion, I'll second The Defectors Weld. Not really a real ale pub but it's got some CAMRA recognition mentioned on the menu.
http://defectors-weld.com/menu/beers.pdf
Cheap cocktails 5pm-7pm so I'll be loading up on Cosmopolitans whilst wearing my 1990/1 pink Nobo away shirt.
The Defectors Weld is home fans only - no colours allowed and we're sometimes asked to show a season ticket / membership card or matchday ticket for the home stands. Away fans tend to be directed towards O'Neills down by the Empire.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here