Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Miicrosoft customer services

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Do Microsoft have the most useless ignorant customer service representatives of any company.

I bought a laptop 18 months ago with office 2010 pre installed and just recently it has asked me for the activation code which I do not have. Sent 4 contact forms through about this and eventually they said to contact customer services by phone which I have tried to do to day and have made 4 calls
1st One 47 mins 38 secs
2nd One 27 mins 26 secs
3rd One 35 mins 12 secs
4th One 13 mins 57 secs who eventually said the technical support team are very busy and to ring back tomorrow at 8.00am when they wont be so busy. It doesnt help that it is difficult to understand them due to being based in Southall or Slough by the sound of the dialect.

D they have a direct e mail address that they can be reached on.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have registered a twitter account to contact them and it says tweet microsoft so have filled in the message box but cant see how to send it or find the address to send it to. Any constructive advice please

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Do Microsoft have the most useless ignorant customer service representatives of any company.

I bought a laptop 18 months ago with office 2010 pre installed and just recently it has asked me for the activation code which I do not have. Sent 4 contact forms through about this and eventually they said to contact customer services by phone which I have tried to do to day and have made 4 calls
1st One 47 mins 38 secs
2nd One 27 mins 26 secs
3rd One 35 mins 12 secs
4th One 13 mins 57 secs who eventually said the technical support team are very busy and to ring back tomorrow at 8.00am when they wont be so busy. It doesnt help that it is difficult to understand them due to being based in Southall or Slough by the sound of the dialect.

D they have a direct e mail address that they can be reached on.

Try this:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/246040/how_to_find_your_windows_or_office_product_key.html

warlingham seagull

Jul 28, 2004
Warlingham
Do you have Office 2010 or Office 2010 starter edition which is a cut down edition and was free until they realised people weren't paying for the full works. There was an update on September 1tth that caused the symptoms you describe. A friend had this and I did a system restore to the beginning of September and all was fine. If you google it there are lots of complaints.
IF this is the case with you, you can also open word srater edition and then open files from there.
If it isn't - sorry

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
If you wait long enough one of their nice Indian affiliates will call you to inform you that you're poisoning the Internet. Which will definitely be genuine. Oh yes.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
When you eventually get fed up with microshaft products, download a copy of open office. It's free, has everything you need and....it's free

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
I have registered a twitter account to contact them and it says tweet microsoft so have filled in the message box but cant see how to send it or find the address to send it to. Any constructive advice please

when logged into twitter. start a new tweet, type this-
@microsofthelps (then your message)

dont give personal info in public area. though!!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As most computers run on windows would it be possible to run them using LInux and they still be able to operate between each system or can they only work with other Linux users.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
As most computers run on windows would it be possible to run them using LInux and they still be able to operate between each system or can they only work with other Linux users.
It's just the operating system on your own computer. It's no different to linking to others who use mac as an alternative.
For anyone interested, download a live cd of a linux distro and try it out. You don't even have to install it on your hard drive.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am considering trying this on my pc which has windows xp and is very slow. Windows are stopping their support on XP apparently so I was considering Windows 7 but may be tempted to try Linux. Could I download it to a dvd and run it on my PC while it still has Windows Xp on it just to try it to see how I get on with it.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
It's just the operating system on your own computer. It's no different to linking to others who use mac as an alternative.
For anyone interested, download a live cd of a linux distro and try it out. You don't even have to install it on your hard drive.

Out of interest which distro do you favour?

I used to like Ubuntu until they came up with the new interface. Since then I think Mint is probably my favourite. But I know there are SO MANY more I have to try.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I am considering trying this on my pc which has windows xp and is very slow. Windows are stopping their support on XP apparently so I was considering Windows 7 but may be tempted to try Linux. Could I download it to a dvd and run it on my PC while it still has Windows Xp on it just to try it to see how I get on with it.

Yes you can.

There's a list of Linux distributions which offer a Live CD here:

http://www.linux.com/directory/Distributions/livecd

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Many thanks for that. As you can see most of it is double dutch to me I just want a computer that works at a reasonable speed so I am not waiting ages for anything to happen and doesnt keep going wrong.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here