Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

under 21s in lancing tonite

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Team: Grant Smith; Bradley Barry, Ben Barclay, Glen Rea, Dylan Lall; Courtney Richards, Emil Asmundsson, Jason Davis, Jesse Starkey, Brennan Dickenson, Robin Deen.

Subs: Charlie Harris, Oliver Wray, Matthew Benham, Jamie Muitt.

Interestingly, no George Barker. Being kept out in preparation for first team squad duty on Wednesday?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Good result given it was a pretty weak side we put out (no Walton, JFC, Barker, Much, Ince or Dunk all now in or around the first team squad).
I thought Courtney Richards had been converted from centre forward to defensive midfield but he seems to have been playing further forward tonight?

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Good result given it was a pretty weak side we put out (no Walton, JFC, Barker, Much, Ince or Dunk all now in or around the first team squad).
I thought Courtney Richards had been converted from centre forward to defensive midfield but he seems to have been playing further forward tonight?

eh,not the game i watched,richards was holding mid,starkey was attacking midfield ,along with blonde kiddy(cant spell his name)

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
eh,not the game i watched,richards was holding mid,starkey was attacking midfield ,along with blonde kiddy(cant spell his name)

cheers - just going on the club twitter feed which made a few mentions of Richards in their penalty area... seems to have potential and a good attitude

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
The only time Richards was in their area was to take the penalty. Thought we were very poor tonight. 2nd best for much of the game.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
The only time Richards was in their area was to take the penalty. Thought we were very poor tonight. 2nd best for much of the game.

Interesting. The report on the Brentford official website suggested a draw was probably a fair result; in the first-half they felt Albion dominated possession but Brentford created the best chances. They described Brighton as being well-organised and hard to break down.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Exactly. At home. Top of the league with 100% record and we were hard to break down, draw was a fair result. Disappointing for me anyway.

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
Brentford had a lot of players with league/cup experience, we had a very young side out. There keeper pulled off a couple of fine saves in the 2nd half. Brentford beat us 1-0 last season, they are always well organised. They unlike many other sides shut us down from the off. Personally i thought some of our young lads did pretty well. I like the look of Glen Rea, plays at the back and is comfortable on the ball. Starkey has ability and Dickenson can play at league level, fantastic run late on could have won the game. Can he step up to the Championship not sure. Lots of scouts in last night, plus Phil Brown Southend manager. Overall pretty good game and a fair result.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here