Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Over ear headphones

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I want a pair of over ear headphones. Anyone got any recommendations? FYI They are mainly for when I want to listen to music in the office. I do not want noise cancellation as I find this a bit weird. Over to your guys.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I want a pair of over ear headphones. Anyone got any recommendations? FYI They are mainly for when I want to listen to music in the office. I do not want noise cancellation as I find this a bit weird. Over to your guys.

Budget?

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
Urban Ears Plattan, I wear mine at work, they have a built-in microphone and remote that you can skip songs and answer calls on (I use an iPhone 4 for my iTunes) and they also have a "ZoundPlug" so someone else can plug into you to listen to what you are. I find this handy when on flights and watching movies on the iPad. Lots of colour options to match your wardrobe, sound quality is very good and they aren't that expensive either.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I use a pair of relatively cheap but decent quality Sony MDR's. Wouldn't stand up to the scrutiniy of a well informed DJ or even your average Brighton based DJ superstar but good enough for Nibble.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Good point. Been looking around at decent pairs and 200-300 seems to be the going rate for the sort of thing I'm looking for. Around this mark.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Urban Ears Plattan, I wear mine at work, they have a built-in microphone and remote that you can skip songs and answer calls on (I use an iPhone 4 for my iTunes) and they also have a "ZoundPlug" so someone else can plug into you to listen to what you are. I find this handy when on flights and watching movies on the iPad. Lots of colour options to match your wardrobe, sound quality is very good and they aren't that expensive either.

Ha ha. I want a pair of obvious '**** off, leave me alone' headphones so no need for call answering or other people listening to my tunes :smile: I will look up this brand though, thanks.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
Ha ha. I want a pair of obvious '**** off, leave me alone' headphones so no need for call answering or other people listening to my tunes :smile: I will look up this brand though, thanks.

Any over ear headphones give that statement ;-) If you're looking at spending 2-300 you don't need to look at them, they are in the cheap but good category.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Ok - That's decent money. I've always liked the neutrality and open sound stage of Sennheiser. Check out HD598 or RS180 for around the £200-£250 mark?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
As if by magic, some advice just arrived on my FB page.

Attachments

• headphones.jpg
    headphones.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 67

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here