Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barcelona B

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Several months in role and still no players either signed or on loan from Barcelona b or anyone from Europe. Does OG have a say in recruitment? I can't see who any incoming players are really on his wish list if one even exists.

When OG first joined it was my first thought and it hasn't materialised yet. Any idea?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Maybe he doesn't want them?

Maybe Barca wouldn't want them loaned?

Maybe we can't afford them?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Maybe he wants some tried and tested players that know the league and what it takes to get out of it? Seems to be working ok so far.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Several months? :S and why would a Barcelona B player want to sign for us when they play at the same level basically in Spain?

And I'm pretty sure OG said recently about wanting to learn about the transfer market over here and that, in time, he will use his contacts in Spain and abroad

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I'm sure he said in a recent interview that he wanted to have time with the current squad to see what he has before using his Spanish contacts etc to possibly bring in players.

January could be interesting.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Several months? :S and why would a Barcelona B player want to sign for us when they play at the same level basically in Spain?

And I'm pretty sure OG said recently about wanting to learn about the transfer market over here and that, in time, he will use his contacts in Spain and abroad

Yes, several months!

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Several months in role and still no players either signed or on loan from Barcelona b or anyone from Europe. Does OG have a say in recruitment? I can't see who any incoming players are really on his wish list if one even exists.

When OG first joined it was my first thought and it hasn't materialised yet. Any idea?

Who would you suggest we buy?

...and why would a Barca B player come to the Amex when they are doing very well in the Spanish second division? Surely if any fringe players are not good enough for Barca B, then it's likely any candidates for transfer would be fringe players here aswell as the Segunda division is no stronger than the Championship?

I would, at the moment, much rather we sign a player who is good enough to get in the team based upon ability, whether they be English, Welsh, Spanish or Azerbaijanian, rather than Julio Georgio - a player no one has heard of but must be good because they have a "cool" spanish name!

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
I would, at the moment, much rather we sign a player who is good enough to get in the team based upon ability, whether they be English, Welsh, Spanish or Azerbaijanian, rather than Julio Georgio - a player no one has heard of but must be good because they have a "cool" spanish name!

Dont you mean Julio Geordio? :)

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Being pedantic like you it is over a couple ie 2 months.

Would you refer to a couple of years as several years or a couple of days as several days? If you had £2.66 in change in your pocket, is that a couple of quid or several pounds?

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Had no luck signing players or O.G is a decent guy and wanted to give an already decent squad a chance before bringing in untried foreign players?
He'll bring new players in if and when the time is right

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Would you refer to a couple of years as several years or a couple of days as several days? If you had £2.66 in change in your pocket, is that a couple of quid or several pounds?

I don't even need to tell you what you are as I'm sure you already know and have been told many times in the past

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Quite happy with Andrews and ward, not sure about augustein but have high hopes for Conway who knows what's needed to win this league !

All in all can't complain

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here