Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Federico Macheda

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
Was at the Doncaster game on Saturday and on the verge of signing for them on loan. Surely we could steal him from under their noses.
Wouldn't be the worst signing surely and woukd help solve our short term issues.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Has been loaned out three times before this by United, hasn't scored in his 31 loan games...

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
Has been loaned out three times before this by United, hasn't scored in his 31 loan games...

I agree he isn't great but as a short term back up man with a point to prove.

Find it strange more than anything how someone so young burst on the scene with goals and is now on the verge of joining Doncaster and he's only 22.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I agree he isn't great but as a short term back up man with a point to prove.

Find it strange more than anything how someone so young burst on the scene with goals and is now on the verge of joining Doncaster and he's only 22.

Only 22? Ashley Barnes is 23 and producing the goods.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Absolute dogshit

But he's absolute dogshit from MANCHESTER UNITED and therefore must SURELY be better than that highly rated youngster from LOWLY spurs we've all decided was shit? No?

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
By saying he is only 22 I meant he appears to have f'd it up at a rather young age. He should have improved rather than joining Doncaster.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Was at the Doncaster game on Saturday and on the verge of signing for them on loan. Surely we could steal him from under their noses.
Wouldn't be the worst signing surely and woukd help solve our short term issues.

I did not think we have any short term issues? Barnes was back on Sunday and Lua lua did well up front on Sunday. Would be better to stick with the players we have.The team looks like it is starting to gel. Barnes to get the winner on Wednesday, everyone's happy job done

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
I did not think we have any short term issues? Barnes was back on Sunday and Lua lua did well up front on Sunday. Would be better to stick with the players we have.The team looks like it is starting to gel. Barnes to get the winner on Wednesday, everyone's happy job done

No short term issues. What about contingency planning. What happens if Barnes aggravates his injury in the next match. Then that's a serious short term problem. We should be planning for these scenarios.
I'm not saying Macheda is the answer but we do have a short term problem as if Doncaster can get someone for 1 month then we should be able to. Like I said, contingency planning.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
No short term issues. What about contingency planning. What happens if Barnes aggravates his injury in the next match. Then that's a serious short term problem. We should be planning for these scenarios.
I'm not saying Macheda is the answer but we do have a short term problem as if Doncaster can get someone for 1 month then we should be able to. Like I said, contingency planning.

We have plenty of players that can fill that gap. Lua Lua did a good job on Sunday, Barnes is not injured so that is not a problem. No decent forward is going to come to a club to sit on the bench, and with the squad we have we do not need to rush out and get a replacement.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here