Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Royston Drenthe

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Was quite worried when I saw Drenthe was playing against us given his past with Real Madrid and Holland U21. Sky were certainly bigging him up pre game and focusing on him in commentary but he looked awful. Out of both condition and practice, angry and one dimensional. Have we picked a good time to come up against him or have Reading got themselves a turkey?

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Noddy-Holder-Slade-007.jpg

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He has bags of potential, and highly rated. However he'll blow massively hot and cold I fear, will have a handful of games where he'll look world class, but then be average for the rest, with a few red cards thrown in.

Everton fans looked like they had picked up a real deal, but his attitude was appalling.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
he will win them a few points over the season, get a few players sent off, cause upsets off the pitch, and get sent off himself before his career in the Championship fizzles out and he is packed of to somewhere in eastern europe.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Looked like he's been on the pies to me

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
He is what i call a luxury player.
He has lots of skill but
He does not work for the team and is very lazy. He clearly is over weight and lacking fitness and clearly thinks he is head and shoulders above the division. What he fails to realise no matter how much ability you have in this division you need to have the desire to win or you become a passenger. He does not have the right attitude and therefore he is going to be a passenger in a lot of games.

Oct 25, 2003
whilst it's fairly impressive to have Real on your CV....he played 40 odd games in about 5 years....is that any different from picking up a bit part player from, say, Man United or Chelsea?

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
whilst it's fairly impressive to have Real on your CV....he played 40 odd games in about 5 years....is that any different from picking up a bit part player from, say, Man United or Chelsea?
Quite. Ex-United shithorse Federico Macheda is on the verge of signing for Doncaster Rovers.

Meh.

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
I'd probably give credit to Stephen Ward on keeping him quiet. That and also a mention for Lualua helping out defensive-wise. Drenthe didnt look like who knee what to do when we doubled up on him

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I'd probably give credit to Stephen Ward on keeping him quiet. That and also a mention for Lualua helping out defensive-wise. Drenthe didnt look like who knee what to do when we doubled up on him

According to some Reading fans I know, the three best players this season thus far have been the new signings...Drenthe, Bridge and Williams. ( McCarthy now added to the list ) Bridge was his usual high class yesterday, Williams was ok but Drenthe was absolute shite. Maybe the honeymoon period is over for him already!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here